Single DFW

Comments

• i'm so glad i'm not alone! I have been feeling really low as the single status is only a month old.. its made me realise that i need to sort myself out in case its only ever...just me :o

I guess in a way it will probably be easier and now i'm on here I can get picked up when i'm low by reading how you are all getting on!
    CC1...[STRIKE]£5,491.00[/STRIKE]£5,223.98....Loan 1..[STRIKE]£3,891.00[/STRIKE]£3670.84...
    CC2...£[STRIKE]415.00[/STRIKE] £395Mgment Co: [STRIKE]£1,398.00[/STRIKE]£1082.00
    [STRIKE]£11,195.00[/STRIKE] £10,371.79
    DEC NSD:2/15.....£2 Saver = £0....Swagbucks 796/1999
    S.A.D - and proud of it!!.... Paying a debt off by Xmas: CC2 :xmastree:
  • To be honest I'm not single but my BF doesn't know about my debt so I'm doing this solo (& discreetly!). I've said I've got a credit card to pay off but he thinks it's nearer £2k than £8k...
    CC1 - [STRIKE]£8746[/STRIKE] £2801 71%
    :o LBM September 2012 - Current DFD Oct 14 :o
  • tired of sleeping alone and coming home to an empty house

Noooo, it's the best bit. I'm already wondering how, if/when my next relationship comes along, I'll approach the "Thank you, that was lovely. Now get out so I can get some sleep" without sounding awful :D
    "Most of the people ... were unhappy... Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." -- Douglas Adams
  • Noooo, it's the best bit. I'm already wondering how, if/when my next relationship comes along, I'll approach the "Thank you, that was lovely. Now get out so I can get some sleep" without sounding awful :D

Lets hope you'll be so much in love you wont mind the sharing.. Did make me laugh though..:beer:
    :(
  • Noooo, it's the best bit. I'm already wondering how, if/when my next relationship comes along, I'll approach the "Thank you, that was lovely. Now get out so I can get some sleep" without sounding awful :D
    I am sooooo with you on this one:rotfl::rotfl:
    Yet another singleton here - and a very happy one to boot! My ex divorced me as an (unwanted) 40th birthday present.
    I have just celebrated my 50th and have never felt happier. 'Being in control' seems to be the recurring theme when you are doing this by yourself and the longer you are single, the stronger you get.
    I started a DMP last April and have a looooooonnnnngggg way to go but am proud to be dealing with this on my own terms.

Here's a thought - I have £2.45 in my purse until Thursday when tax credit/child tax credit goes into the account. The fuel gauge is almost empty and I still have to feed myself, DD1, three dogs, a cat and 5 chickens. I could cry with happiness that the option of sticking these costs on the credit card has been removed. It has made me much more resourceful (along with lots of help from the OS boards). How will I solve it? I will walk to work for the next three days, I have dog/cat/chicken feed stocked up and I have a meal plan in place which means that we won't starve!
    Can anybody else understand the happiness/freedom that a dmp brings or is it just me:o
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I am a nigh on 46 year old male (despite the spelling of my christian name !) and have always been very happily single.

I have never wanted a relationship as I saw how my parents marriage crumbled and I decided I wanted to be single.

Made this decision at 18 and never regretted it.

As a result all my money (and debts) are my own and I dont need anyone`s permission to do anything !.
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can anybody else understand the happiness/freedom that a dmp brings or is it just me:o

I get this completely, it is nice to make decisions based on what I can afford to do and not be sucked into the 'must have it because everyone else has it' type of conversations that used to happen before I had my LBM.

I am also very happy being on my own, it is not lonely as I live at home with both of my grown kids and also my mum so there is always company if I want it, but I have the space to be alone when I want it too.

I love having the bed to myself as well, no more snoring male to interrupt my sleep anymore and that in itself is priceless :rotfl:
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • and I still have to feed myself, DD1, three dogs, a cat and 5 chickens...

...How will I solve it?

Perhaps you could eat one of the chickens? :p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 October 2012 at 5:05PM
    Heffi1 wrote: »
    no more snoring male to interrupt my sleep any more

You don't have a monopoly on snoring partners.

Women snore too you know. :p
  • Having gotten into debt while single I am still paying it off now I am one of 2, as is my OH. So both states have their financial challenges. I don't think I was extravagant at the time but my living costs were higher so it was harder to make ends meet.

I did feel much more in control before I got married of my finances but actually am finding it much harder to manage now , a lot of curveballs get thrown my way, which makes it hard to stay focused. OH hates being in debt but doesn't seem to consider that possibly if he was focused he could pay it off quicker,and it rubs off on me. Plus there are always more unexpected expenses/requests for money despite my efforts to budget! In fact, budgeting has gone out of the window for a couple of months, and only today do I feel I can sit down and try to cobble something together (our money has been changing a lot so that also has made it harder). But it is on the whole all going downwards (the debt that is!) so I try to accept that.

So Loopy Lou welcome! ~And enjoy the advantages of being currently a singleton, you are certainly not alone. Being alone physically can be lonely, but not necessarily a permanent state :) OH's can be expensive to run, even if they're nice to cuddle :)

CC2 3/2/11
    [STRIKE]£435.45[/STRIKE][STRIKE] 3/3/11 £425.76[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]6/5/11 £402.37
    [/STRIKE] 6/8/11 £328.82
    The Great Declutter 2011 - email decluttering 5/2/11
    [STRIKE]2030[/STRIKE][STRIKE]3/3/11 2000[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]3/5/11 1850[/STRIKE]22/11/11 1600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure