Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Thanks guys. It's nice to know that you also think they should have at least bought me a card. It felt really rubbish because although I had the problem with the colleagues talking about me, I felt like I had a good relationship with one or two of them but it just felt like they couldn't wait to get me out the door. I shouldn't be surprised. On my first day, I was assigned a buddy to show me the ropes. He zoomed through reading the manual in a monotone and didn't invite me to lunch. Nobody did. I'm so glad to be out of there.

I think it's too late to cancel the bike now so I'm stuck with it. I suppose because I did spend so much money on it, I'm actually going to have to use it. I haven't been on a bike since I was 14, let alone one with a motor and a throttle. This is going to be a learning curve. It will save me about 30 minutes commute a day but that helps and it will remove the need for a bus pass or train fare for 2 extra stops. I think it's on its way now so I can't cancel it.

Tea and hbs - I think if the job excites you, that's a good sign. I was never very excited about rubbish job, although I pretended I was because I felt like I should be iyswim? Interviews are horrible though, it's just stock questions and stock answers, although my most successful interviews are the ones where I've broken the stock answers. My old, old job, I spent most of the interview chatting about setting up a Linux partition, and the rubbish one, I got the giggles and kept going off topic (I got on well with my line manager there and he told me that he was so bored of hearing boring interview answers that he chose me because I was different. Of course, then I was all miserable and incapable of being my usual bouncy, eccentric self. If you meet me in person on a good day, I'm pretty much a human labrador.). My interview for going back to the old job was 'do you want your job back?' I probably wouldn't recommend it as a strategy though. I usually do poorly in interviews.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • The job is going around client sites training them on an analyser I've used before and loved :) so EVERYTHING crossed!

I've discovered I like training people and passing on skills, and I'm quite good at it, so maybe it's meant to be? I hope so.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • codemonkey
    That sounds perfect for you hbs. Fingers crossed.

So, it turns out my bike hasn't been sent out - they made a mistake and I don't know when I'll be able to take time off for delivery so they're going to refund me :(

I am feeling a bit rubbish today. Penguin about digestive issues
    Because I've been in a lot of pain lately, I've been on codeine or Tramadol, and it's taken its toll on my stomach. Haven't had any painkillers for a couple of days and now I have diawoowoo that smells like popcorn and a sore stomach. So much for a relaxing day off. I've spent most of the day on the loo
    end penguin.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    codemonkey wrote: »
    So, it turns out my bike hasn't been sent out - they made a mistake and I don't know when I'll be able to take time off for delivery so they're going to refund me :(

Obviously it's not great that they messed up but, seeing as you were umming and ahhing about trying to cancel it, at least it makes it clearer whether or not you actually wanted it.
  • codemonkey
    It's true and it gives me some space to decide whether I do really want it. I was stressing about the cost which is stupid as I can afford it. I think I'm just so anxious about everything that's happened lately that I don't trust myself to make decisions anymore so I'm worrying about every single minor thing and doing myself no favours. Does that make sense? I'm hoping once things have settled a bit, I'll be able to recover a little belief in myself again. At the moment. I want to live in a duvet fort forever.

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son...
    99problems.jpg
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Totally know what you mean code. I spent ages getting in a right flap about what to eat the other night - what a waste of time!
  • Izadora
    Code, it makes perfect sense. I've never been any good at making decisions and living in a duvet fort forever sounds great.

Tea, I had exactly the same problem last night. I was walking round Sainsbury's getting increasingly wound up by my inability to decide what I wanted, while IzHe got increasingly exasperated by the fact that I suddenly didn't like things which I quite happily eat pretty much any other time, and ended up getting the same thing I'd already had 4 times since Friday just because it was easy and meant I didn't have to think or weigh up options anymore.
  • codemonkey
    edited 23 March 2017 at 6:21PM
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Totally know what you mean code. I spent ages getting in a right flap about what to eat the other night - what a waste of time!

I have a credit at Lindy bop. Do you think I can decide what to buy? :rotfl:

Izzy - I know what you mean. When you want something really badly bit you just don't know what it is.
  • Izadora

Although I love pretty much all of their dresses, as soon as I saw this one the other week it was decision made. It's my new favourite dress for going out drinking :D

http://www.lindybop.co.uk/dresses-c1/swing-jive-dresses-c3/audrey-black-cocktail-swing-dress-p2531
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Izzy - I know what you mean. When you want something really badly bit you just don't know what it is.
    Speaking of Lindy Bop they are in several Debenhams stores now (none locally to me sadly-would love to go in and try on pretty dresses!)

I've had a mixed week or two Missed my doctirs appointment because im an idiot and didn;t realise it was at the surgery a tram ride away not the one across the road. Had a panic when i realised and by the time id gotten back across the road and got my bus pass i was already 25 mins late so ended up not going. :o got another booked (and yes this time i checked where it is) for my week off.

Hadn;t spoken to my mum since january and finally picked up the phone tonight. Everyone seems ok and my sister is safe (the one who lives in london)/Glad i finally talked to her. She might be coming to the shopping center i work out before she goes on holiday so i told her to let me know nearer the time and if im off will go meet her :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback