PayPal Credit - Balance Transfer

Hey all,

Has anyone had any success in transferring their PayPal Credit account balance to a balance transfer credit card?

I've found a few hints of success on the t'internet however most of these are US based and according to the lovely lady on the phone this morning, UK/EU based are not required and nor do they provide the option.

Before I go and sign up for a balance transfer card, I wanted to be sure I had all of the information ready, so rang for my account number (they purposely obscure parts of it online and on statements.)

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You'll need a money transfer option, I believe.
  • gRoberts
    gRoberts Posts: 141
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You'll need a money transfer option, I believe.

Thanks, just had a read and looks like a potential solution.

Am I right in assuming that they just drop the agreed amount into my account and then I pay directly to PayPal?

Thanks again :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    Yep - that's right.
  • gRoberts
    gRoberts Posts: 141
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yep - that's right.

Good stuff :)

Thanks
  • Curious to know how was the process of transferring your paypal credit balance to a new balance credit card. Cheers
  • Chapuys
    Chapuys Posts: 156
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm guessing the OP didn't officially transfer the Paypal credit to another credit card. They got a 0% money transfer credit card. Transferred that money to his Paypal balance and then paid Paypal Credit off with that balance.
    Anything I say in no way constitutes financial advice and anything you do is your own decision.
  • Hi
    I too need to pay my PayPal credit off - seemed like good deal but fast forward 2years and one broken foot with 7 mths off unpaid and not entitled to benefits I!!!8217;ve got £3600 to pay off and interest is an issue.
    When you say transfer money to PayPal balance - is that just a case of from bank account to the PayPal balance then to the credit?
    Are they allowed to withhold account numbers ? She said it!!!8217;s just an internal number not a credit card number ?!
    TIA
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    JaineyA1 wrote: »
    When you say transfer money to PayPal balance - is that just a case of from bank account to the PayPal balance then to the credit?

No. The money goes from your credit card, into your bank account and then to your PP account.
    JaineyA1 wrote: »

Are they allowed to withhold account numbers ? She said it!!!8217;s just an internal number not a credit card number ?!

Is who allowed to withhold a number - and from who?

Who said what's an in internal number?
  • Basically, I think that PayPal is pulling a fast one on us.  On our credit records PayPal credit is a credit card not a loan. and give fairly high interest rates unless you have a timie-limited option running e.g. I bought my Apple Mac in 24 payments at 0% credit via PayPal credit  However, they hide the 16 digit number in order not to pay higher credit card acceptance fees and to make it much more difficult to move credit around to keep at 0% + possible fees (so basically 4% APR normally but paid upfront).  I don't know if this is legal and the MoneySuperMarket helpline refuses to help, probably PayPal gives them money not to ask questions as part of their contracts.
  • 2021BJ
    2021BJ Posts: 307
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tarrow said:
    Basically, I think that PayPal is pulling a fast one on us.  On our credit records PayPal credit is a credit card not a loan. and give fairly high interest rates unless you have a timie-limited option running e.g. I bought my Apple Mac in 24 payments at 0% credit via PayPal credit  However, they hide the 16 digit number in order not to pay higher credit card acceptance fees and to make it much more difficult to move credit around to keep at 0% + possible fees (so basically 4% APR normally but paid upfront).  I don't know if this is legal and the MoneySuperMarket helpline refuses to help, probably PayPal gives them money not to ask questions as part of their contracts.
    It's perfectly legal, you have no legal right to balance transfer to/from any credit account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback