Is my revenue safe from lender?

I am self employed and at the moment don't have enough money to continue paying the instalments of my loan (£2000). Hopefully I'll be able to agree a new payment schedule with the creditor but in case it goes to court and debt collecting agencies etc., can they take payment from my bank account?
I'm not too worried about my personal account but I have a debit card to my father's business account. It is a limited company and I have no shares in it, nor am I employed buy it.
This situation is bad enough as it is but I definitely do not want to drag my father into this.
Does anyone have similar experience?
Many thanks in advance

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,046
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They can offset within the banking group against your accounts.

With regards to the Ltd, they shouldn't be able to do this, as you're not connected with the business. Your fathers (or the companys) debts are not your problem, same the other way.
    💙💛 💔
  • My father is quite elderly and I sometimes help him out on weekends which means I have to spend on fuel, ink cartridges, postage, etc. hence why I have been added to his company's bank account.
    Can the lender/DCA get access to this account?
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry I don't know about that but definitely make sure your current account isn't with the lender and they won't be able to automatically take anything.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure