Natwest Technical Issues

Comments

• MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    The backlog I suspect is now an even bigger problem than the initial problem they faced.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    mammyof7 wrote: »
    ^Thats the info i've just got in an email from Natwest^. They have said that the initial problem is all fixed and are now working on the backlog.

They keep saying that, but I still cannot make payments/transfers. :think:
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    loony2012 wrote: »
    It's all fixed now just working on backlog.

Not so sure myself, I just checked online, I can see my balances but when I try to view a statement it says not available, nor can I make any payments or transfers or pay my credit card bill.

I can understand that they have a backlog of transactions but I would have thought a statement should show from a week ago? :(

I have money in a current account that needs to be transferred to an interest paying account but it's locked from me as I cannot transfer it.
  • nilrem_2
    paul_h wrote: »
    They keep saying that, but I still cannot make payments/transfers. :think:

You are not alone. mines the same. :)
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    loony2012 wrote: »
    It was a member tried updating the payment software and corrupted it. It's all fixed now just working on backlog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18561426

Rubbish!

I was just in Brighton Castle Square branch (about 1.15ish) and they were still having problems.

I must say, I was amazed that people weren't queuing out of the door - in fact the queue was better than a normal Saturday afternoon :rotfl:

I have to offer my support to the staff there as they were on absolute tip top form, really trying their best to help and get things sorted and amazingly they had smiles on their face! I've long held the belief that at "ground level" NW have some of the best staff in the banking industry (after sampling a number of banks) its just a shame that the higher ups are slightly moronic
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • How can it b fixed if people cant do transfers etc? Being fixed things should now be working smoothly except the obvious backlog, but money going around now shouldn't be having any problems!
  • nilrem_2
    How can it b fixed if people cant do transfers etc? Being fixed things should now be working smoothly except the obvious backlog, but money going around now shouldn't be having any problems!

That is my view. The problems I am experiencing with online banking have not changed since it started a few days ago. :)
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I understand the telephone advisers are also unable to make transfers.

This isn't just delays due to a backlog... I could cope with a bit of a delay, but I cannot initiate any payments or transfers out of my account at all.

I now have all the payments into my account, but as someone else said earlier, the money is locked in there unless you go and draw it out as cash.
  • mattybully
    mattybully Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its looks to me as if they have put a freeze on all transfers in order to clear the current backlog first. If they didnt do this the queue would just keep on getting bigger with the potential for more corruption and data loss
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but Nationwide are saying that they may be able to help those who have not received payments from RBS/Natwest:
    Nationwide wrote:
    As you may be aware, RBS/Natwest group is currently experiencing ongoing technical problems which have resulted in some payments not being processed. The latest situation indicates that many payments are now being processed and we advise you to re-check your Nationwide accounts for any payments you were expecting. Nationwide is working hard to support our customers who may be impacted by the issue and we will ensure you're not disadvantaged as a result. If as a Nationwide customer, you're expecting your salary to be paid via a RBS/Natwest payment and it has not been posted on your account, you should talk to your local branch about how we can help you.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/rbs.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport