Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• fluffig
    fluffig Posts: 433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alanq wrote: »
    That is the normal situation. Cheques don't appear in my Basic account transactions until cleared which is 4 working days. Nothing to worry about....yet.

Not normal for our account. Every cheque paid in has always shown that day in the account, but not in the cleared balance. That I agree takes 4 days to show as cleared.

I too hope there is nothing to worry about :)
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if I go into the bank with my last 2 payslips which haven't arrived would they pay out on these and let me close my account? Fed up with this. My 2 weeks pay comes to around £500
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    falko89 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I go into the bank with my last 2 payslips which haven't arrived would they pay out on these and let me close my account? Fed up with this. My 2 weeks pay comes to around £500

No. My local branch wouldn't even let me transfer between accounts based on what I'd shown them on my payslip. If the money's not showing there they can't even physically transfer it so I doubt they'd let you withdraw it all - after all you could have paid out cheques already that aren't showing as cashed yet.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    I've been an Ulsterbank customer for 10 years, and I'm not even really that annoyed that they system has went down.

What I am annoyed about is the way RBS has decided that we (Ulsterbank) customers are less important than Natwest/RBS customers and have to wait for a further week or more to have the very same group with issue resolved.

In the time they're taking to get it sorted, i've been in another Bank and opened a new account, already have my PIN and am sure i'll have my card before they get it sorted.

Ulsterbank, your fired.
  • lexilondon21
    Options
    This is a long one so bear with me,but I really need some advice, as I'm freaking out. I thought I had dodged the natwest "glitch", as I paid £60.00 in cash and managed to use it to buy some food shopping on Monday (thankfully!) At the same time on Monday (after 3.30pm)

I paid in a cheque, which I do every month (from the same nationwide account). It hadn't shown on my account on Weds, so I rang them up and they said it would technically be seen as being paid in on Tues as it was after 3.30. Fair enough I thought.

Then today (thursday) when I logged onto my online banking it has shown as a UIC and they have taken the full amount from my bank and it has wiped out all my available funds, so I'm left in the minuses with 0 available.

I rang natwest and was fobbed off for an over an hour, firstly they said I had spent it (impossible it never showed on my account) and only denied this when I pointed out to them I had tried to make a payment to very.com last night (when I was meant to have blown all this money in a few hours) and it was declined.

They then backtracked and said the cheque bounced, I had checked with the nationwide account and the funds were available, as they are every month.

Natwest then said the fraud team might be looking into it, this is crazy as the same cheque has gone into my account for the same amount every month on the same date for over 2 years now.

After an hour and being left hanging as the advisor went to his supervisor to get some new excuse, they admitted it may have something to do with the computer problems.

However I got no apology, nothing. I was just fobbed off and lied to for over an hour and told to go into the branch tomorrow and access emergency funds.

I am really worried as I have all my direct debits scheduled for next Tuesday and the size of my overdraft now is making me feel sick. Has anyone else had problems with cheques?
    What would you guys suggest to do?

Thanks x
  • scattykat
    scattykat Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Wages etc have gone in as normal for me. Hope everyone else is getting their money
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2012 at 8:08AM
    Options
    no wages for me ,a large direct debit taken twice , once yesterday and again today

just about to ring up and question the direct debit , sadly sort of expected the wages not going in .....sigh

UPDATE:- wages appeared just now ???

direct debit probelm logged by them and to be checked
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    No wages in my account today ....(Ulsterbank)
  • pqrdef
    pqrdef Posts: 4,552 Forumite
    Options
    I am really worried as I have all my direct debits scheduled for next Tuesday and the size of my overdraft now is making me feel sick. Has anyone else had problems with cheques?
    What would you guys suggest to do?
    Don't worry about the overdraft. It's not real, it's just a miscalculation.
    "It will take, five, 10, 15 years to get back to where we need to be. But it's no longer the individual banks that are in the wrong, it's the banking industry as a whole." - Steven Cooper, head of personal and business banking at Barclays, talking to Martin Lewis
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure