What to wear on my face in a hot country?

Hi, I'm going to Australia in a few weeks and would like to find a BB or CC cream with an SPF that gives decent coverage but is not quite as heavy as foundation for day time. It will be hot so it needs to perform well in the sun. I have combination slightly oily skin.
Going without any coverage is definitely not an option for me. :eek:
I have a couple of Maybelline ones and the number 7 tinted moisturiser but I'm not really happy with any of them without foundation over the top.
My friend recommended the Lancome CC Cream which looks lovely but is £27 and I really don't want to spend that much.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
Working hard to get rid of our debt.

Comments

• What about this I found at Boots, Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream Sun Protection High SPF50 50ml £16
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Both sound interesting, I shall have a look. I'm a young 47 by the way:)
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Just beware that the SPF in make-up or moisturisers is not as effective as a proper sunscreen. I would go for something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-Ultra-Sheer-Dry-Touch-Sunscreen/dp/B0013OMHTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410794405&sr=8-1&keywords=dry-touch+sunscreen

and maybe put some powder foundation on top if you need to.
    The report button is for abusive posts, not because you don't like someone, or their opinions
  • I like the anti redness Loreal cc cream, its quite matte goes on green and adjusts to your skin colour, however I find it rather dark so good if you have a light colour already or later on into your holiday, it stays non greasy and is light and non cakey, great for combo/oily skin, another good one is the Gosh BB cream and nice colours too. If you need/want a primer Milk of magnesia is your friend ;)
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've been using this with success after reading about Korean BB creams on makeup alley. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Missha-Perfect-Cover-Light-Beige/dp/B002B9DWBC

It has great coverage, protects your skin in the sun and doesn't run in the heat.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    r98_ivory_900_c.jpg
    Don't forget a good Hat
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • I'd actually buy something when you get there. The ozone layer is thinner there as well as it being hotter, and so their products are formulated. They are pretty serious about "Slip (on a shirt) Slap (on a hat) Slop (on some sunscreen) over there, as the risk of melanoma is higher and you can't buy sunscreen lower than SPF 30 I believe. It's also cheaper over there as the Aussies et through a shedload of it and is a neccessity rather than only really neeeded for holidays luxury.

If you were off to a more developing/less english speaking place I'd say take with you, but in the circumstances I wouldn't. Also pop in on a beuty counter in one of their department stores who will have a better range for these things than here with better SPF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure