PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Comments

• craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    How do you wash out wax :huh:

It's waterproof.
    your not daft you know what she means BOB:cool:
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • craigywv
    free listing on fleabay si i have been busy getting ridof a load of sons clothing, seems me and oh can hold onto our clothing for yearsssssssssss but boy is growing at a great speed. whichmakes me think if tshtf big time and clothing etc came in short supp;y i would have to get the old tread singer out and adapt his daddys clothes to fit him, i am finding myself NOT throwing out ANYTHING clothes/fabric wise. meant to sayhello all got a head cold feel carp. weather on and off here but have noticed garden,veg has just all gone green and lush...good to see. xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 May 2013 at 8:14AM
    craigywv wrote: »
    your not daft you know what she means BOB:cool:

Actually, I don't know what she means.

The only way I could think of getting wax out of a glass, would be to melt it out, which would be rather dodgy work.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Actually, I don't know what she means.

The only way I could think of getting wax out if a glass, would be to melt it out, which would be rather dodgy work.

Warm water gradually melts it and you and pour it onto kitchen paper and bin it
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • craigywv
    do what i do poke it out then warm water and fairy liquid and a spongy cleaner with rough edge and give it a good rubbing it comes off clean enough
  • craigywv wrote: »
    but boy is growing at a great speed. which makes me think if tshtf big time and clothing etc. came in short supply I would have to get the old tread singer out and adapt his daddy's clothes to fit him

We were so poor when I was a kid, my parents used to get my school clothes from the Army surplus shop.

Nothing wrong with that you might say, but do you realise how badly bullied you get, going school dressed as a Japanese sniper. :D
  • craigywv
    hahahahahaha could be worse last timei in army surplus store it was the russian army uniform that was the whole go. think social services might be knocking on my door if i sent 9 yr old to school dressed like that or something from Hitler youthmovement.dont think times are quite so bad yet lol age 9-10 not that short supply.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2013 at 10:04PM
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    I have a landline and have always chosen to have an old-style phone. Being as my flat is tiny, it's not like I'm going to be far from the phone wherever I am, it won't be more than 4 metres from me at maximum.
    I replaced my cordless DECT phone with an old style one after reading reports of possible health hazards.
    http://www.tetrawatch.net/science/dect.php
    http://www.mastsanity.org/info-guides-/dect-guide.html
    However every now and then I think about looking for one of the 'low radiation' models as I do find the fixed lines an inconvenience - especially when I am hanging on and stuck near the phone listening to incessant music and 'Your call is important to us and will be answered shortly' while waiting for a response!
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gfBNLPJ1-QZhS5sxMOzF2qJ6tQbQ?docId=CNG.ededc7b37edaf19e35bbbe5d93487a88.271

I hadn't heard of this until today. Death rate is 3 out of 5. There are also cases in France.
  • I wouldn't panic, that's 15 deaths since last August. That's about three days worth of people killed crossing the road in the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure