Is an 0808 number free on Virgin Media home phone?

I a considering using 1899 or 18195 or similar - I am with Virgin Media M package home phone (3p/min for calls)

what i am tryinbg to find out, that I cant seem to see on any of the Virgin Media tariffs on the website, is whether they charge for the 0808 numbers that 1899 etc claim to be free?

I assume they are free from BT numbers - what about Virgin Home phone numbers?

Any help?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    0500, 0800 and 0808 numbers are free to call from landlines.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz wrote: »
    0500, 0800 and 0808 numbers bare free to call from landlines.

but i have a feeling that Virgin charge for 0808 numbers just wondered if anyone can confirm or deny?

cheers :-)
  • dave_dph
    dave_dph Posts: 618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    daveys1374 wrote: »
    but i have a feeling that Virgin charge for 0808 numbers just wondered if anyone can confirm or deny?

cheers :-)

No these calls are free.
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Calls to FREEphone Numbers 0500/0800/0808 are definitely FREE from your Virgin Media Landline.
  • amidon7
    amidon7 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I've just been looking through the Virgin Media home phone charges document, and there is a call connection charge of 6p for most numbers - including FREEphone 0800/0500/0808 numbers. Did anyone else know about this? Is it legal to advertise something as a free call and yet charge a call connection charge?
  • amidon7 wrote: »
    I've just been looking through the Virgin Media home phone charges document, and there is a call connection charge of 6p for most numbers - including FREEphone 0800/0500/0808 numbers. Did anyone else know about this? Is it legal to advertise something as a free call and yet charge a call connection charge?

have you got the link cos i couldnt find that
    cheers

ps just poke to 2 different reps at Virgin and they both said that 0808 numbers are free with no connection charge - this getting very confusing as oher threads say they charge etc

Is anyone with VM and using 0808 numbers and getting them free?
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    amidon7 wrote: »

Virgin Media 6p connection charge only applies to chargeable calls. It does not apply to any freephone calls which are completely free of all charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure