PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No and no.
  • The_Analyst
    The_Analyst Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Possibly an interesting story for those who had Egg Loans and Credit Cards....

My wife received a latter from Canada Square Operations late 2012 stating they believed she may have been mis-sold PPI when she took out her Egg Card back in the day. Prompted by that, I applied directly to them for a PPI refund stating I had Cards and Loans from 1999-2011.

In early 2013 I was refunded just short of 9k and my wife around 3k. We were both very happy with that and it came as a welcome boost to our finances that year.

Middle of last year (2016) I had one of the PPI companies call and state they believed I had unclaimed PPI - despite me telling them I had received pay outs from Egg and HSBC and had explored all otehr options, they were insistent that many companies were "not paying out the full amount" and with half an hour to spare, I let them take my details and process a series of claims....

A few months later I got 2 letters from Canada Square Operations. The first one stated I had no claim as it had already been paid out in 2013, but the 2nd one stated I had a successful claim against the Credit Card I held from 99-11 and offering a redress of around £6,000(!)

So, despite my initial claim stating I was appying for a refund on both loans and cards, Egg (CSO) only refunded my loan(s) and not my credit card.

I wish I hadn't used a PPI Company as I lost 40% of that redress, but had they not called, I wouldn't even had applied to CSO

So, the advice is - even if you have had a payout, it's worth going again with CSO if you held multiple accounts to see if there is any extra you are due...
    August 2011 - Total Debts - £47,352.12
    November 2018 - Total Debts - £0:beer:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    sjohn wrote: »
    Hi
    This is my first time on a forum so please be patient with me :) I have gone through the PPI Reclaiming tool and have recieved a letter back from the company stating that because the "insurance policy" (PPI) was sold prior to 14 Jan 2005 (before insurance contracts became regulated) there was no reason for them to assess my needs and suitability for the policy. Therefore my claim has been rejected.

I have been paying PPI from 2001 - 2017. Am I still able to claim from 2005 - 2017? Do you think it is worth going to the Ombudsman?

You dont have access to the ombudsman. The FOS only consider reviewing rejections for sales made after regulation started or if the company was a member of an earlier body. Banks and credit card providers have to consider pre-regulation complaints. Car dealers, loan brokers, financial advisers, mortgage brokers, accountants etc do not.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi, Santander have offered me £459 and have called this a '***** redress'. Basically they don't have any details of my credit card with them from 2000 - 2003 (it was passed to MBNA in 2003) they have calculated the offer based on what they have paid all other Santander customers who opened a credit card in 2000!

I know for a fact a had a balance of £1000 for the whole period and a calculator claims I should get £900+. The problem is I have no statements and they apparently don't have anything.
    Can I challenge the offer?
  • That should say assumptive redress
  • [Deleted User]
    You can't challenge it without any evidence.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can challenge it if you have some records of your own to back it up.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hi,
    I have been reading through the process of claiming PPI which I paid on a mortgage I had when I was 18 until I was 25 but I also had credit cards, store cards etc.. do you have to do each company separately or can you do 1 claim for all ? Also as it was many years ago, I do not have all the relevant paperwork - how do I go about getting this ?

Look forward to your responses

Helen
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 19 July 2017 at 9:18PM
    You contact each company, with your mis sale reasons for each.

What paperwork are you after?
  • merrydance
    merrydance Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Have gone through a claims company, and they have found out that I pay ppi on my Halifax Credit card, have looked at my statement and cannot see any mention of it. I phoned the claims company back and told them this, they advised me that some company's put it in with the interest amount and not separetely- can this be right? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback