Please avoid Moby Memory

I ordered a "New Genuine/Original OEM Apple 616-0669 Li-ion Polymer Battery for Apple iPhone 5S" from Moby Memory but the battery they sent was not new.

It was in very poor condition when I opened the package and had obviously been taken out of another phone. When I checked the state of the battery I found that it had cycle count of 1027 and a maximum charge of 1313 mAh (only 82% of it’s design capacity of 1560mAh). This is the equivalent of nearly 3 years charging once every day!

When I informed Moby Memory about this they replied that it was a manufacturing fault and that some products can be dead on arrival. I replied that this could not be the case as it was clearly an old battery. They then said that it was a picking error. This is clearly not the case as they do not sell second hand batteries. They said that they would send a prepaid returns envelope but this was never sent after repeated requests.

I left a negative review on Trustpilot which was then removed after Moby memory reported the review for breach of Trustpilot guidelines. They said that I had not had a genuine customer experience. In other words I had not bought anything from them and my review is fake. I sent proof of my purchase, invoice and delivery details to Trustpilot but I did not heard anything for Trustpilot for 2 weeks. I have tried to make further reviews on Trustpilot about Moby memory since then but these have been removed as well. It seems Trustpilot are not to be trusted at all as they are being paid by Moby memory and will take down negative reviews and leave obviously fake positive review up.

I have had to reluctantly report the dispute to Paypal, who have now refunded all of my costs. It has taken 1 month to get this refund because Moby memory have taken as long as possible to reply at each stage of the paypal dispute. It's really pathetic that they behave in this way, they have no integrity at all as a company.

I can only recommend that you buy elsewhere and don't believe the reviews on Trustpilot either as they are totally fake and do not truly represent the poor service and dishonesty of Moby Memory.

Comments

• See reviews online. We're all being scammed after buying memory cards and getting nothing but moby memory adapters in plain white envelopes with no reply to emails and unable to contact by phone.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    :)Did either of you check out moby memory before you purchased
    Google is your mse friend .
  • MrJones1
    MrJones1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Have you left a review on Google? Reviews there cannot be removed. Regarding Trustpilot, they shouldn't remove the review when a customer can prove that he/she has bought the product from the business in question.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    MrJones1 wrote: »
    Regarding Trustpilot, they shouldn't remove the review when a customer can prove that he/she has bought the product from the business in question.
    They do though, did it with me twice. I even noticed my business is listed (with 5 star reviews), but i told trustpilot to remove my business from their site as i dont trust them and they refused to say it is not upto them as it is a public lead review site
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Noticed when I checked today that moby memory is now no more, they've gone into liquidation. I guess the signs were there with all the bad reviews around. I bought a memory card at the end of May as had no problems with them before (aside from slow arrival of goods at times) and then noticed the feedback everywhere. I didn't receive the card so raised an issue (couldn't speak to anyone on the phone, just rang out during their limited opening hours) and had good response via e-mail. They sent me the replacement to the one that didn't arrive and I received that one ok. Looks like they struggled more in the last few months fulfilling customer orders at least.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2017 at 8:29AM
    just came across this thread after I started receiving spam to the unique email address I had used with mobymemory
    ( assume I must have made a one off purchase a few years back )

they have sold their customers emails to spammers

had this happen occasionally with other etailers too - glad I use a different address with every website althiugh it doesnt stop everything as I use the 'catchall' feature with plusnet so the sneaky spammers use a random email address rather than the one they stole
  • I brought a Samsung 16gb pro micro sd card from them never ever had any problems with them then it died so I called Samsung they replaced it with a 32gb pro plus so I'm happy
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hmm, revives an old thread with their one and only post praising the company in question?

Call me cynical but..........
  • I brought a Samsung 16gb pro micro sd card from them never ever had any problems with them then it died so I called Samsung they replaced it with a 32gb pro plus so I'm happy

How did you bring it from them? Did you go and collect it?:cool:
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    marcarm wrote: »
    Hmm, revives an old thread with their one and only post praising the company in question?

Call me cynical but..........

Grant you it is odd, but he was praising Samsung not Moby memory
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family