* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome Muffin man and Black cat, foster dog and crazy cat lady- all Christmas fanatics welcome here!
    Mrs moneypenny- your snow globe sounds beautiful- Im jealous.

Nic- rest and recuperate is the order of the day!

Peppa- did you manage to stay in your pjs?

3forholidays- thse sacks look good.

Im having a quiet day today- shattered after the hectic last 3 days! I have taken down the Christmas cards so the walls are looking a bit bare but I want to start removing the Christmas clutter - much as I love it it becomes a bit 'messy; after nearly a month!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • squishylove1989
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hoping to be less of a lurker and more of a joiner in-er this year.

Hope everyone enjoyed their big day and looking forward to preparing for Christmas 2017!
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Welcome to the thread black cat & squishylove1989
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Totally unfestive of me, but the tree is coming down today or tomorrow. I always put it up the last few days of November but take it down early. As much as I adore Christmas and work on it/get giddy about it from mid way through the year, when it's done it's done. I want my rooms back.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Totally unfestive of me, but the tree is coming down today or tomorrow. I always put it up the last few days of November but take it down early. As much as I adore Christmas and work on it/get giddy about it from mid way through the year, when it's done it's done. I want my rooms back.

I put mine up the last week of November too. I feel by the time it comes to take it down im satisfied it's been up long enough lol. But I do like it up for Hogmanay and the 1st. I'm happy to take it all down after that. I must admit I do want to have a good dust and have it clear for the new year. I can't have it both ways lol.
    I think I'll need to go and buy another big box as I bought a few more decorations this year.

Well I really did do nothing yesterday. It felt weird as I always have something to clean or do. But it was lovely. I might do similar today. I will cook a nice healthy meal tonight. Fed up of Turkey, filo prawns and cheese. We usually have another buffet on New Years eve and then steak pie on New Years day. I plan a dry jan and hope to shift a few pounds using my new fitness tracker.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning,Welcome to all you new Christmas crazies.

3, I have seen those sacks in the shop but didn't actually pick them up iyswim but they did look nice.

A very nice Christmas day was had at chez Vulpix.Thank goodness I had been organised beforehand as I just ran out of steam so my daughters sorted lunch.DD2's "best" present is the Elmo rucksac!
    I had beautiful gifts,the most of which I bought on behalf of Mr V!

Yesterday we went to a pub for a meal with Mr V's Mum,then dropped DD2 off at her Mum's relatives and then to the pub with our newly single friend.I did manage to fit in a couple of sprints round some shops on the way,as there are no shops where I live.

Picked up some toiletry things for DD2's school friend gifts,Christmas cards and a Christmas pudding for my Mum.Mum's birthday is 6th January so she always gets next years Christmas cards ,Christmas pudding and Christmas cake from the sales.Also got some Christmas decorations for DD1's birthday which is 8th February.Nowt like giving gifts which people want.

We went to DD1's on Christmas Eve and met her boyfriends parents and brother and sister.It was lovely.Glad to see DD1 will be a Christmasite in her home and has taken after me.

I am still in bed,must have slept 11 hours and feel much better for it. I still have a cough which is exhausting.

When Mr V comes home from work we are off to look for a new kitchen sink in the sales.I know,I know,I know the one we have is new but I dont like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not taking my decs down yet as I feel like I haven't had enough of them yet.I think my brother and family are coming on New Years day so will leave them till after then.

Laters Vx
     :
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Hope everyone is well and enjoying their Christmases
    Our tree usually stays up till new year, I take it down once Dh has gone back to work and before I do, it will be down by 12th night but not Much before then.

Murie I'll try and post a photo of my snow globe
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    Oh my goodness I have missed you all!

It's been over a month since I last posted and I am gutted that for the first time in over 3 years I wasn't about to celebrate the run up to Christmas with you all :(

You may remember I said about buying a wooden advent calendar and filling it with a piece of paper with a Christmas activity on it? Well we did it for little My's Christmas and it has been thoroughly enjoyed! If anyone wishes to have a nosy at our antics, I did a daily social media photo on Instagram here:
    https://www.instagram.com/feistyfidget/

The bad news is I was so ill prepared financially and with presents bought that it turned in to a huge stress :( I've decided that this year all adults will be given handmade gifts as we are on a fixed income and ended up buying just because we felt obliged as people were buying for us or buying with little thought just to get the recipient ticked off :(
    I will start a plan and scour pinterest for some nice looking homemade gifts to give!

Here's to 2017!
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 27 December 2016 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Welcome BLACKCAT and SQUISHYLOVE.

CRAZYCATLADY I'm taking the decs down today - I love the build up to Christmas but once it's done I just want everything down and out if the way. We don't really celebrate new year although we'll see it in and watch the fireworks on the tv, so having decs up for new year doesn't matter to me. I do admire those people who can keep them til 12th night though, I managed it one year but not before or since. I might keep the tree up longer, possibly because taking it all down isn't going to be a five minute job. :D

MURIE I kept my pjs on til mid afternoon then swapped to a soft and fluffy leisure track suit thing. It isn't very flattering but is very comfy. Has your tree survived Bailey?

VULPIX good luck with your sink search!

FEISTY lovely to have you back. Don't beat yourself up, you and DH have had an eventful year and to have done all the Christmas activities in December is no mean feat. I can't believe how quickly the first few weeks of December rushed by, one minute there was plenty of time to go and the next it was only a few days til Christmas.

I don't have any plans for today but would like to get out for a walk or something, just for some fresh air to liven me up a bit. I've got really lazy and need to move more!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi All

Joining this thread to attempt to actually be organised for next year.

I left it far too late this year and nobody got anything handmade :( I did think about it around October ish but others things got in the way so if I am going to achieve anything for next year I need to start NOW!

Thanks for the links of suggestions, think its going to take me a year to read through them :rotfl:

Things I have learnt this year
    Don't leave wrapping to the last minute, I was wrapping presents just before delivering them which left no time to make them pretty and fancy (which I enjoy doing).
    Anything electrical, charge up before giving. I got DS a games console which needed charging, all Christmas day I was nagged "Is it ready yet?"

I hope everyone had a enjoyable Christmas and those that didn't then I wish you better next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure