Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide

Comments

• I have the same question. Did you get any results with your question?
  • lyntwyn
    lyntwyn Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As far as completing the form in capitals is concerned, I admit that I must be partially blind, at least temporarily. I now see the request to fill the claim in black ink and capitals! However having already filled it in using black ink but long hand, not capitals, I rang AI just now to ask for a new form. The pleasant and helpful lady explained that neither is a requirement. Its just that black ink photocopies better, and capitals are usually more legible. I was told to send it in as completed, -if there was a problem of legibility they would automatically send me a replacement form to complete. I said that as I am not a doctor it should be legible.
  • Susan1942
    Susan1942 Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I dug out the forms etc following Martin Lewis money advice on This Morning. I called the help line telephone no and was told that my claim related to Lloyd's and was from 1997 till 2009. I changed my band in that year. They gave me a telephone no to call at Lloyd's and I was informed that I was due a total of £279 36. This included interest. Firstly he said they would send me a cheque for £251 49p being total due when the tax was deducted from the interest paid (interest £139).
    However when I informed him that I had been sent a claim form from AI scheme he then said I needed to complete the form and send it back to AI. He then there was not a problem and that I would receive compensation from 2005 - 2009 from AI .2 Weeks later I would receive the payment for 1997 - 2005 from Lloyd and a cheque would be sent to me. He informed me that he will confirm this in a letter to me which I should receive within the next 5 - 10 days. I was very surprised at how easy all this seems to be.
    I now realise that I have had CPP cover from when I moved to Alliance and Leicester in 2009. I will need to have a look and see whether any refund is due on that product. I had this as part of a packaged current account. That particular account Premier 50 account was discontinued a year or two ago when they changed me to their 123 current account. Sue
  • £230.74 refunded in just 3 weeks, even though I cancelled my Sentinel Card protection a few years ago. I'd never have heard of or applied without MSE's guidance. Many thanks guys.
  • I received a cheque for £334.55 this morning. :beer:
  • alst68
    alst68 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I got a cheque today from AI Scheme and it was for £174.84 :j
    Very happy now i will pop it in the saving account for Christmas:xmastree:
  • Hi,
    Thanks to your article I got £65.01 back today on my claim.
    I didn't believe I would get anything but thought oh well I'll send the form & see what would happen.
    My advice is send that form now before the deadline.
  • I came home today to a cheque for £191 so thank you for your guidance MSE! Such a quick process, and so simple.
  • All, trying to fill in the form now on behalf of someone and they have no idea whether it's temp!ate 1 or 2. What do I need to fill in to ensure that the compensation is paid out. Thanks
  • trixiepix
    trixiepix Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Received a cheque yesterday for £377.70 - Woo Hoo!!!

CATALOGUE - £500
    WEIGHT LOSS - 10 of 65lbs
    SAVINGS £500 of £2500 by 2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills