PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Breach of Covenant Question

Options

Comments

• YentonMinsterHomes
    YentonMinsterHomes Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Options
    That's not correct. We have been asked to provide the breaches to mortgage companies on the properties as they have a legal interest in the property. As previously stated a buyers solicitor of a property will be informed of the breach and this will have to be rectified before any sale of the property.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Yenton. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • YentonMinsterHomes
    Options
    I note that you have contacted your MP. I suggest you gain legal advice.
    I am the official company representative of Yenton. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • YentonMinsterHomes
    Options
    Gascoines Group Limited. Please make a complaint to us at our head office address 1 Church Street Southwell Notts NG250HQ
  • YentonMinsterHomes
    Options
    No we are not. We have building houses since 1938. The letters also show the transfer and the covenant on the title.
  • YentonMinsterHomes
    Options
    Please read your letter, transfer and office copy.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please read your letter, transfer and office copy.
    Please learn how to use the quote function, otherwise we have no idea which posts you're replying to.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Is this the way professional companies act these days?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,644 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is this the way professional companies act these days?

No. Professional companies act professionally.

I am so grateful for YM posting here, as their posts have persuaded me to never knowingly buy a YM home.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am so grateful for YM posting here, as their posts have persuaded me to never knowingly buy a YM home.

No-one would buy a house from the company if they were made fully aware of this -

"Restrictive covenants apply to changes to your property such as, sheds or outbuildings, conservatories, structural alterations, changing of windows or doors or any additions, alterations to fencing, addition of patio or pathways, driveway alterations, alterations to the facades, or external building additions such as aerials, sky dishes as well as registering a business at the address or parking business vehicles, vans or caravans on driveways. Each of these are considered breaches."

Tenants have more power over the homes they rent than a home owner with these restrictions.

Doesn't the law have things to say about unfair clauses? Would it be considered fair to have to pay the house builder because part of the fence was damaged in a storm and you replaced it or that you needed a new aerial for the TV?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    YentonMinsterHomes, I'm grateful that you have come along here to explain your position. can you let us know if you wrote to home owners as a result of being aware of individual breach(es) of the covenants or whether you have written to all the homes over which you hold such a covenant?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure