Friday 24 October - What small DFW things will you do today?

Options
2»

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

Payday today so done some big things today - cleared £600 of my debts!

Smaller things for today:-
    1. Check banks (found 8p in a savings account I'd forgotten about so going to start using that for some savings - maybe car fund i.e. tax, insurance etc)
    2. Earn more SBs
    3. Have water tonight when I meet my friends for drinks
    4. Have dinner at home tonight before meeting friends (some are eating)
    5. Submit gas and elec meter readings
    6. Buy a Xmas present
    7. Sort out envelopes for my first month of DFW budgeting

Can't think of anything else!
    Starting again..
  • solvencyseeker
    Options
    Hello all
    Payday for me too - have transferred budgeted money to spending account.
    Need to get the car looked at again (free fix of heat shield has not solved the rattling). OH took it to a tyre and exhaust place and they said we need a whole new exhaust (yeah right) - but they don't fit them on our model because it's too difficult (it's a standard Ford Focus C Max)?! Trying not to stress about how much this is going to cost.
    Otherwise I am carrying on with the usuals - lift to work, all meals from home (HM Soup for lunch, am converting bol to chilli later).
    Starting to plan for next week when I'll have 4 days leave. Would be good if I can motivate myself to start some selling again.
    No spending planned today (and I'm not going to any shops again - works for me :)).
    x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi!

This is my first time here, but I really need to get myself sorted out, so I'm looking at what other people are doing to get ideas!

Today I'm travelling all afternoon so I'm going to make sure I have lunch before I go to avoid McD's on the way! Also I will:
    Enter some competitions
    Do a couple of surveys
    Get some work done on my Christmas presents (I'm handmaking as much as I can :j )

That's all I can think of to do...

Pink x

Hi Pink
    Nice to meet you.
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    [QUOTE=twiggy86;66822263

Payday today so done some big things today - cleared £600 of my debts!

Can't think of anything else![/QUOTE]

can't think of anything else she says. £600 paid off is major:T

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Bobarella!

I did think of something else!

I'm currently paying £10.99 per month for phone insurance so I'm going to give this some thought as to whether I really need this. Tbh I've probably paid for the phone twice over in the period I've had the insurance! I did smash my phone so got a new one, but do I really need it.... hmmm....
    Starting again..
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome Pink.

Twiggy, that is excellent, £600! Very impressed.

Bob, I have had ME since 1986 although it was not diagnosed for years. Struggled on working full time, then part time until my body told me it had enough. Have a new doctor who is excellent and says I now have fibromyalgia and it is not all in my head as my old doctor kept saying! Thankful really that I can now stay at home as this has helped enormously with the pain levels. Just means that we have to manage on one salary but we will manage, needs must.

Grew up with a mum who lived through the second world war so had an upbringing of not wasting anything so think this helps.

How are you feeling now?

BBL
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • Bobarella
    Options
    peony40 wrote: »
    Welcome Pink.

Twiggy, that is excellent, £600! Very impressed.

Bob, I have had ME since 1986 although it was not diagnosed for years. Struggled on working full time, then part time until my body told me it had enough. Have a new doctor who is excellent and says I now have fibromyalgia and it is not all in my head as my old doctor kept saying! Thankful really that I can now stay at home as this has helped enormously with the pain levels. Just means that we have to manage on one salary but we will manage, needs must.

Grew up with a mum who lived through the second world war so had an upbringing of not wasting anything so think this helps.

How are you feeling now?

BBL

It must have been very frustrating to say the least waiting for a correct diagnosis. It seems to often be the case ME goes untreated by GPs.

I'm getting there. Still almost 3 hours till partner gets home & have son to look after so it's dragging a bit. Just want to flop!

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 24 October 2014 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Good Evening Friday People,
    Not much money saving activity today, but still been keeping the faith:
    *Cleaned whole house using minimal products.
    *Grocery shopping came in on budget.
    *Finalised celebratory evening for our anniversary this weekend. Budget £40, which mr f thought was 'generous'........good! because that's what it's going to be!
    *Took 2 big heavy parcels to Post Office to get them weighed. Should have been Ebay 'Buyer collects' but both people want to pay to post them. Extra hassle but these sales come to £45 & that's a decent little wodge into the Bathroom Fund.
    *Started my Christmas Baking Stash with a bag of dried apricots!
    *Put a colour on my hair....a nice vivid red for Autumn. £15 cut yesterday & a £5 box of colour today. Unbelievably cheap compared to the silly money I used to pay years ago pre LBM!
    *Let hair get pretty dry naturally to save a bit of electricity before finishing off with hairdryer & quick straighteners.
    *All free leisure today - started new library book, knitting, replied to the comments on my blog, watched recorded tv programme.
    So not a lot of stuff from me today, but there's been no backsliding, that's the important thing.
    Solvencyseeker.....I've noticed how that debt figure is going in a rather nice downward trajectory.....keep it up! mr f & I came to budgeting a bit later in life than many (40s) & had around the same total amount to blitz as you. Simply no feeling in the world like getting rid of it x
    OK, that's me,
    f x
    Oh, & P.S - Still no heating on.....only towel radiator, but have checked our energy monitor today & kitchen lights, TV, fridge & freezer, de-humidifyer & towel radiator were apparently using around 8p an hour. Towel radiator is new, installed as part of new bathroom fitting & I was unsure how much it would cost to run. It doesn't seem to be too bad, & is our only source of heat in there, so that's good news for the bills, anyway.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Currently wearing 3 layers to keep warm and avoid putting the heating on - I don't see the point to heat a whole house for me!
  • GettingOrganised
    Options
    Thanks for starting us off Ziggy and hope you feel better soon.
    Great to see the debts going down - well done Pixy and Bob
    Ratison - great planning and budgeting for the weekend, hope you enjoy
    And Happy Anniversary weekend Mr and Mrs Foxgloves
    SS - hope the car isn't too expensive (they can be so draining on the finances)
    Hello to everyone, especially newbies - this thread is so inspirational. It helped me have my true LBM at the beginning of the year and I haven't looked back.

Today's list:
    Breakfast and dinner from stores - lunch was a buffet at work for Wear It Pink day. We all brought something in and then made a donation.
    Lunch was the only spend of the day.
    General tidy up.
    Went for a quick drink after work (someone was leaving). Just had one drink (lemonade :()which was paid for by a director, so no spends here.
    Back at home with my PJ's and warm dressing gown on. Doing well to resist heating going on.

Oh shoot - just remembered I booked and paid for a Christmas grotto play and my DD's birthday party, so was it was far from a low spend day! Funny how quickly I forget spending money! However, it was done using my bonus from work and means that 50% of her party is paid for already and 4 months to budget for the balance.

Well I'm off work next week, so of course I feel like I'm coming down with something today, I hope it passes.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    SPC # 348 2014-£169.07/2015 - £156.89
    GC 2014 Feb-Dec £2931.62
    GC 2015 Jan £216.93/£220 Feb £291.97/£215 Mar £213.64/£220 Apr £207.62/£220
    DFBXmas2015 #40 - £3,474.61/£4,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts