delay due to lightning

can anyone please advise! we were flying from Gatwick to Antalya and got hit by lightning on the ascent from Gatwick. they carried on flying to Milan and then landed. after having to fly another plane from London as ours couldn't continue we had a 4.5 hour delay. whilst I realise that it was a weather issue I feel that easyjet risked our safety by carrying on to Italy rather than landing sooner. can anyone tell me who I can complain to and if I stand a chance of any compensation. thanks

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    no compensation due weather. Safety will have been the main concern to where they were landing, they would needed to have dumped fuel if you believe they should have landed sooner
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Off topic, but I don't think Easyjet have any planes capable of fuel dumping (all A319/320 fleet).
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fifeken wrote: »
    Off topic, but I don't think Easyjet have any planes capable of fuel dumping (all A319/320 fleet).

which would likely more unsafe to land with a planeload of fuel that to burn some off and land when it was safe to do so
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    which would likely more unsafe to land with a planeload of fuel that to burn some off and land when it was safe to do so

Yes, burning it off rather than dumping would be what I thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure