Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    louised78 - heavy handed = technical delay = not extraordinary circumstances = valid claim.
  • This is the response from BA they are blaming 3rd party and therefore beyond their control.

Thank you for contacting us. I apologise for the delay in replying to you.
    Your claim for compensation has been refused because flight BA2665 on 13 October 2012 was delayed due to aircraft damage which was not caused by British Airways. Under EU legislation, British Airways is not liable for a compensation payment in this situation.
    Prior to departure the aircraft door was damaged by the passenger jetty, which was being operated by a third-party agent. The aircraft required immediate assessment and repair. As the damage was caused by a third party, this was outside our control and is extraordinary circumstances.
    Unfortunately airline operations are subject to circumstances outside the airline's control. British Airways takes all reasonable measures to avoid delaying a flight in such circumstances. Consideration is given to whether there are any operational options available before a decision to delay is made. We are sorry that the delay was necessary in this case.
    Thank you for following this up with us. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you on board again soon.
    Total Debt £2000
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    But the agent isn't a third party under 'principal and agent'?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    louised78 - typical example of an airline basically trying to fob you off. Do you think BA will have let the responsible party off for damaging their aircraft? Of course not and likewise you should not let them off reimbursing your parents.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The reg 261 does specifically state that the airline should consider compensation from other parties involved in there operations.
    Don't let them fob you off with pathetic excuses.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi,

I'm pleased to say that I've just received full payment of compensation from BA for the cancellation of flight BA2694 (London Gatwick to Faro) on the 26th July 2014. :beer:

It was a long fight with BA, with them claiming that 'Weather' was the cause of the cancellation, which with help from the CAA was turned around and payment of EUR400 per passenger was made.

I hope this helps other people trying to get compensation from BA for the same flight. I'm going to post the complete thread of communications in other thread as I'm so disgusted with how dishonestly BA acted!
  • Is there anyone else who was on this flight. It was delayed for 18 hours due to a "technical fault". BA have tried to dismiss my claim, but I am now going to take action and wondered whether anyone else wants to join me.
    It was flight BA 0025 scheduled to depart at 18:35 on 30 August 2014
  • JPears
    Please read the sticky at the top.......
    This should be posted on the BA thread. Please don't start your own thread.
    Admin please move to BA thread.

• JPears
    Bumped to the top for those incapable of reading/taking notice of sticky or desperate to start ANOTHER new thread.

• Delayed last week at Heathrow with BA last week, in fairness BA looked after us really well with hotel, meal etc but will did miss one day of our 2 days in Bangkok before flying on. It meant we could not do the trips we had already paid for. They want us to claim for those and the unused hotel from our insurance company . Is this correct ?

We are also waiting for an answer on flight delay compensation. The plane had been damaged on its previous incoming flight by a thunderstorm and thre was no spare aircraft. Do we have a case ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback