Confused about EE broadband/phone deal

Options
Morning all, I currently have broadband and phone with Plusnet but it's costing around £55-60 a month which feels expensive now. The contract I think (but need to ring to check as I'm not sure from the website) runs out around about now. I used the mse checker thing to get the best deal for my area and it comes out as EE phone and broadband for £324 for 18 months including weekend calls. However when I click through for more details the EE website doesn't show that deal - there's no mention of phone calls or paying upfront etc.

It's all so confusing, I don't know what to do. Because of where I live I can only get about 1 mbs max speed so no tv or anything, I just want phone and bb, and am obviously attracted by the £100 card and increase in my mobile phone data too as my mobile is with EE.

Can anyone advise please. The more I read the more confused I get, I see cut off dates of 14th, then 21st Sept in different places. should I ignore the MSE tool and just look at the EE website?

Oh dear, I think I'm being very thick. Thanks. Eliza

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your contract does not run out, it continues until you give your month's notice. It simply reaches the end of it's minimum term.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Your contract does not run out, it continues until you give your month's notice. It simply reaches the end of it's minimum term.

Apologies, yes I understand that, I just used the wrong terminology. See, I told you I was confused!!! Thanks.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    <Plusnet but it's costing around £55-60>

Thats a lot what services are you getting ??

What services do you need .
  • Eliza_2
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    <Plusnet but it's costing around £55-60>

Thats a lot what services are you getting ??

What services do you need .

Thanks. So broadband (standard as I can't get anything else out here), weekend and eve calls (though I've had to use my phone quite a lot recently for daytime long distance calls) and line rental are included. Oh and 99p for call display.

Now that I can use wifi calling on my mobile with EE I need to get used to using that more for phone calls. I didn't previously as the signal was so bad but wifi calling makes a massive difference. I've now been offered the following on Plusnet:

Unlimited Broadband: £12.49 for 18/24 months
    Line Rental: £18.99 per month
    Unlimited UK & Mobile Call Plan: £8.00 per month
    Caller Display: £0.99 per month

Total: £40.47 per month on a new 18/24 month contract. This still feels like quite a lot. So the EE deal would still be better.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Eliza wrote: »
    I've now been offered the following on Plusnet:

Unlimited Broadband: £12.49 for 18/24 months
    Line Rental: £18.99 per month
    Unlimited UK & Mobile Call Plan: £8.00 per month
    Caller Display: £0.99 per month

Total: £40.47 per month on a new 18/24 month contract. This still feels like quite a lot. So the EE deal would still be better.

Sky are currently offering its unlimited broadband with free line rental for just £15 a month, I think their anytime call package is the same at £8 a month, caller display is free to all.

That said they might not offer you a package if your download speed is very poor as they just don't want the hassle. Try their download speed checker to see what's available for you:

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-speeds/
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you should move to EE or Sky.

Yeah Sky probably wouldn't take you on at 1Mbps.

If MSE isn't working try
    www.uswitch.com
    to see if any EE deals there
  • Eliza_2
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    you should move to EE or Sky.

Yeah Sky probably wouldn't take you on at 1Mbps.

If MSE isn't working try
    www.uswitch.com
    to see if any EE deals there

Thank you all so much for helping me to unravel this. No, you're right, it says that Sky isn't available and Uswitch doesn't offer me any EE services at all either.

I think I'll do the old fashioned thing and ring EE to find out what exactly their offer includes.
  • AndyPK
    Options
    yeah EE are a nice company you can ring up and trust.

You can pay line rental upfront to get a discount.

If you use the phone a lot, also consider paying £6.50/month to cover most of your call costs.
  • AndyPK
    edited 13 September 2017 at 6:17PM
    Options
    If I goto the EE website

https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband

£19.50
    £6.50 for calls package
    caller display is free with EE

further discount with line rental saver of about £1.90 month
  • trickydicky14
    Options
    Eliza
    It’s funny you should post about this EE deal as I have been looking at it as well.
    The thing is I had a quick look two days ago without doing much about it and then yesterday surprise EE rang me asking if I wanted to proceed.
    The very nice lady from EE said that the refund of £100 via a master card was nothing to do with EE and must be a ‘third party’ dealing with it and could not help me. She also stated that some folks have said they have had problems sorting the deal out.
    Make what you will of that.
    As far as finding the deal, yes you are correct when you go directly to the EE website it’s not to be found.
    I could only get to it via the MSE website and when you find it the offer clearly states, £100 back via a master card which is payable after your second D.D has been taken and the cut-off date is 21st September to apply.
    So, follow the link via MSE and give it a try!
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure