Cant verify identity due to not having P60 data field

Hi All, first time poster so apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum.
I was made redundant in Nov16, and was not issued a p60 by my employer.
Now I would like to identify myself to HMRC and gov.uk via the website, which is asking for a specific field to verify identity from my p60:
‘Employee’s contributions due on all earnings above the PT (Primary Threshold)’
I have contacted my previous employer and they have directed me to the P45 and said they wouldn't be able to issue a p60 for me.
Ultimately the goal is successfully introducing myself to the uk gov website.
Thanks

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You would not get a P60 if you were not employed at the end of the tax year. There must be other options to verify yourself, MrsM was asked standard CRA type questions re bank accounts etc.
  • Regardless - any helpful employer should be able to give you that information. On the other hand, if they have directed you to the P45 for your National Insurance information that would appear to be an optimistic request as it only shows tax deducted and does not show any NIC details whatsoever.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Given that HMRC won't have their equivalent of a P60 for you for 2016/7 tax year just give them the figure from the last P60 that you do have, which is presumably 2015/6.
  • agrinnall wrote: »
    Given that HMRC won't have their equivalent of a P60 for you for 2016/7 tax year just give them the figure from the last P60 that you do have, which is presumably 2015/6.

The problem is that the questions are very specific on the website. In my own case I was asked for the tax deducted in 2015/16 according to my P60. I am sure sure if you 'get another go'. There seems to be no latitude.

If you think that is bad the roll out of Universal Credit in NI is about to happen and the criteria for registration involves quoting a driving license or UK passport number. Obviously not everyone drives and there are at least 250000 Irish passport holders (not acceptable).

Should be fun....
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 January at 3:51PM
    [quote=[Deleted User];73110700]The problem is that the questions are very specific on the website. In my own case I was asked for the tax deducted in 2015/16 according to my P60. I am sure sure if you 'get another go'. There seems to be no latitude.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I missed that the OP wants to verify on the website. I don't think that will be possible if the question is as specific as you suggest, in which case ringing HMRC to speak to someone may result in being offered alternative means of verification.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure