Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• Blackpepper1
    Blackpepper1 Posts: 655 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2013 at 3:42PM
    jayII wrote: »
    That's odd, I watch loads of SBTV. I do a full MWBytes scan a couple of times a week but I've only once found stuff from SB and that was after clicking on one of their more dubious offers.

Scanning now just in case though, thanks for the heads up. :)

Well just warning people. If you are using it you need to do a scan afterwards to check nothing has got onto your computer.
    I have just tested sbtv again after my computer was cleaned then did another scan and nothing showed up this time so it isn't happening every time I run it but still even once is too much. It was a PUP spyware program which I looked it up and it is program that gets onto your computer and keeps track of your clicks and any programs that you have on your computer.
    I wondered why my laptop fan was screaming away even when I wasn't running anything and that has only been since I started to watch more of the sbtv.
    Also the sb toolbar caused me problems with a load of spyware,so I have removed it and won't be using that again.

I have reported the issue to Swagbucks as well so that are made aware of the problem.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • Blackpepper1
    Blackpepper1 Posts: 655 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2013 at 3:47PM
    jayII wrote: »
    That's odd, I watch loads of SBTV. I do a full MWBytes scan a couple of times a week but I've only once found stuff from SB and that was after clicking on one of their more dubious offers.

Scanning now just in case though, thanks for the heads up. :)

ETA: found 117 objects, must be from one of the earning sites, I'll scan more frequently for a while until I work out where they come from!

Well I am going to be allot more careful from now on and do more scans.
  • Thanks for the heads up BP1. I regularly scan but will do it more often just in case. I believe someone ages back found the toolbar was loaded with spyware. Can't remember who though and may be in a previous thread.
    2015 goal from online stuff: £900
    Currently at: £633.05/£900
    2014 goal: £1256.85/£800 Goal reached 29/9!
    2013 goal: £973.30/£500 Goal reached 31/7!
  • TakeNoRoses
    TakeNoRoses Posts: 133 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2013 at 4:03PM
    Does anyone use IRewardMe? I saw it advertised, but am afraid it may be a scam or something as I can't find any reference to it on the MSE forums. Thought some of you may know. :)

Edit: Lol, just got 8SB for searching it. Wasn't expecting anything, because I won a search at about 12/1ish as well. Will I get another search win tonight? :O :D
    LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED (21yo): Proud owner of 24 magical acres! :T :j
    LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED (23yo): Got my horse lorry. :D
    NEW LIFE GOAL: 1. Own a house with land and my own sandschool. 2. Retire early (if I want to:rotfl:).
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    The toolbar is infamous on various techie sites and they all recommend staying away from it. It's apparently been known to cause phishing problems with credit cards, banks etc, as well as being loaded with spyware and malware and causing numerous other problems.

I would treat it with caution at the very least. :eek:
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • Thanks for the heads up BP1. I regularly scan but will do it more often just in case. I believe someone ages back found the toolbar was loaded with spyware. Can't remember who though and may be in a previous thread.

That is probably where most of the trouble came from though sbtv is still a bit suspect.
  • jayII wrote: »
    The toolbar is infamous on various techie sites and they all recommend staying away from it. It's apparently been known to cause phishing problems with credit cards, banks etc, as well as being loaded with spyware and malware and causing numerous other problems.

I would treat it with caution at the very least. :eek:

It definitely isn't worth it then.
  • I just did a search for 'swagbucks toolbar' and won 8 swagbucks.
  • Just going to do a quick scan on mine now!!

44/90 - SB Daily Goal

44/200 - My SB Daily Goal!!

Got myself hooked on Majong!! :)
    Challenge
    Debt Free 2015
    Online Earnings 2015 - £71.01
  • vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just completed a very quick DS on health care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors