Ryanair's new 7-day check-in rules

Comments

• Why you book why can't you be allocated a seat?
  • Claire1986
    Claire1986 Posts: 16 Forumite
    When you go onto Ryan Airs website there should be an option My Booking. Click on this and enter your details and your booking should appear. You will have the option to print all boarding passes for both journeys. With regards to the allocation I just skipped it by going to the next page. They allocate you a seat when you check in anyway with no charge.
  • SaveTheEuro
    SaveTheEuro Posts: 970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Kernow666 wrote: »
    your right there i have always printed my outbound and inbound boarding passes with them , last year i went to poland for 2 weeks and printed everything out before i went

But the OP is asking about how to avoid the fee under the new rules from 8 April.
  • SaveTheEuro
    Why you book why can't you be allocated a seat?

You can but you will be charged for it. If you want to avoid the fee you can only check-in online in the 7 days before departure.
  • SaveTheEuro
    Claire1986 wrote: »
    You will have the option to print all boarding passes for both journeys.

Where does it say that in the new rules from 8 April?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It doesn't (but I think you knew that?). The poster is basing their posts on what happened last year!...so is probably unaware of the recent changes?
  • Claire1986
    I looked at Ryan Air's website last night detailing their Terms and Conditions after the 8th April 2014.

If you allocate yourself a seat with a payment for that then you can check in for your flight 30 days before your scheduled departure.

If you don't allocate yourself a seat then Ryan Air will allocate one for you when you check in. However, if you do this then you cant check in for your flight 7 days before your scheduled departure.

So all it means is that if you pay for allocated seats you have longer to check in before your flight.
    :j
    Hope that helps!
  • Claire1986

It doesn't say that in their new terms and conditions from April 2014.

Their changes are to the online checking procedures regarding allocating seating.

Printing your boarding passes are under My Booking and once you have logged in there you can print all your boarding passes for all journeys.
  • Royal1
    Royal1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Here we go again with a new check-in proceedure designed to make online check-in even harder in the hope of being caught out and stung with their £70pp check in fee. I myself have been caught out with this for myself, husband and 2 children as we go to our vill for over 2 weeks and dont have internet access to check in for our return flight. We now use checkinpal.com they offere a free call back service for a start unlike the airlines at their premium rates. You take your travel dates and complete the whole check in process for you. They send us our boarding cards via international post to the villa for the return flight and by email for the outbound. This has solves many of our check in concerns.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Royal1 wrote: »
    I myself have been caught out with this for myself, husband and 2 children as we go to our vill for over 2 weeks and dont have internet access to check in for our return flight.

So you are going to starve locked up in your remote villa, miles from any civilised amenities for 2 and a half weeks too.

BTW good luck with your new online check in business venture.
    Does the remote villa with no internet access have a postman?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure