DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Comments

• Morning all

I keep a spreadsheet so I have all actual balances on. Have to admit I am rather fixated with it. I have lot of colours for milestones and there is usually something to celebrate each month (going down a thousand digit or paid back 20% or been on the plan 12 months etc). If I am having a bad day I think this is it now, this is what it will be on my 2 year anniversary, this by the end of the year, I will be free in 2014 etc. For me it is an enormous incentive.

HHx
  • 2spicy wrote: »
    Reading the Mobile section of the site, we went with Mobiles .co .uk .. seems they are a subsiduary of CarPhone Warehouse .. but undercut almost all of CPW's deals!.
    check out th elink on the main MSE homepage titled "cheapest iphone deals"

just ordered 2 new phones, even passed the credit check!!

also ask around family and friends who are upgrading from the iPhone 3. My colleague was going to send his 3gs into one of the trade in mobile sites who would give him £60 - instead he sold it to my son for the same price who had birthday/Christmas money to spend and had been looking around but could only find them on eBay etc for £100/150+. He's put his payg sim in, turned the data off so he doesn't get charged for that, and he's got a fully functioning iPhone when he's in wifi range and when he's out and about he has his phone/music and apps which don't rely on an Internet connection, and he still only tops up about £10 every 3 months. Bonus is he can message me for free as I am on iPhone too. You don't necessarily need an iPhone4 as the 3GS can take OS5, you just won't have Siri (the bit where you can talk to it and it talks back).
    LBM:1/1/12
    Debts @ LBM:£43,546 :eek: Debts now: £9,486 :cool: 78% PAID
    Found YNAB 1/2/14 - the best thing EVER!
  • Morning all

I keep a spreadsheet so I have all actual balances on. Have to admit I am rather fixated with it. I have lot of colours for milestones and there is usually something to celebrate each month (going down a thousand digit or paid back 20% or been on the plan 12 months etc). If I am having a bad day I think this is it now, this is what it will be on my 2 year anniversary, this by the end of the year, I will be free in 2014 etc. For me it is an enormous incentive.

HHx

I love my spreadsheet too! Unfortunately, my laptop got a virus yesterday and is DEAD :( I'm more concerned about my loss of spreadsheet than my loss of photos/music (no, it wasn't backed up - the 'school stuff' gets mirrored onto out school network, the personal folder is our responsibility and I didn't get round to buying a hard drive). Gonna have to beg the IT dept to try and recover my stuff but it looks like a nasty virus. Thankfully I have all my income/outgoings in myiPhone app too, but I am still gutted about my spreadsheet that took ages to set up with all the formulas, etc. Posting now from my son's netbook, and at least have an excuse to have a nice lazy day with no school work - trying to look on the bright side and not panic too much! Thank got I put the majority of my photos on Facebook!
  • Morning all

HHx

Me too! I rescued an old folder from the bin in work, back at the end of 2009, re-covered it with a downloaded picture of lots of dollars, and am now in to Vol 2! Vol 1 is safely archived, just in case.
    OH calls it 'The Bible' as I am totally converted to money saving and watching the totals fall like a hawk. Recently our total with Halifax (largest creditor) fell below £20,000, after starting at £36,000 with all the added interest, it was a real milestone, and as you say, an enormous incentive!:)

ttf
    :j:hello::hello::jDMP mutual support thread member 348
  • tintingirl wrote: »
    I love my spreadsheet too! Unfortunately, my laptop got a virus yesterday and is DEAD :( I'm more concerned about my loss of spreadsheet than my loss of photos/music (no, it wasn't backed up - the 'school stuff' gets mirrored onto out school network, the personal folder is our responsibility and I didn't get round to buying a hard drive). Gonna have to beg the IT dept to try and recover my stuff but it looks like a nasty virus. Thankfully I have all my income/outgoings in myiPhone app too, but I am still gutted about my spreadsheet that took ages to set up with all the formulas, etc. Posting now from my son's netbook, and at least have an excuse to have a nice lazy day with no school work - trying to look on the bright side and not panic too much! Thank got I put the majority of my photos on Facebook!

That's a good point. I am either going to back off or print off at the end of each month from here on so thank you. Sorry to hear about your virus, I hope someone is able to help you.

HHx
  • Me too! I rescued an old folder from the bin in work, back at the end of 2009, re-covered it with a downloaded picture of lots of dollars, and am now in to Vol 2! Vol 1 is safely archived, just in case.
    OH calls it 'The Bible' as I am totally converted to money saving and watching the totals fall like a hawk. Recently our total with Halifax (largest creditor) fell below £20,000, after starting at £36,000 with all the added interest, it was a real milestone, and as you say, an enormous incentive!:)

ttf

Well done TTF, thanks for sharing, helps me and others on the way. :)

HHx
  • That's a good point. I am either going to back off or print off at the end of each month from here on so thank you. Sorry to hear about your virus, I hope someone is able to help you.

HHx

Or you could buy a cheap memory stick and back it up to that each time you save the file. :-)
  • Hi Everyone,

We are coming up to our 1 year review and unfortunatley our income has gone down a little and we all know that prices are going up....

I jsut wondered has anyone had any experience of reducing their payments and the creditors reaction to this? I am a bit scared they will get all aggressive if we have to reduce them. I think we will we have really struggled the last few months mainly due to the reduced income.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks H1983H

When my partners income changed I had no problems reducing my payment by £100.
    DFD - June 2012
  • Just checked - I'm down to 5 creditors only one over £1k!

Happy days
    DFD - June 2012
  • Mort
    Mort Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just checked - I'm down to 5 creditors only one over £1k!

Happy days

Well done, looks like you are nearly their.
    Proud to have dealt with my debts, became debt free on 03/11/2011. Repaid £54,723.41 LBM May 2006.
    Debt Free Roll Of Honour #504
    Mortgage Free from October 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family