Vacuum cleaner for pet hair

I think I've had my cylinder hoover for a few years and I can't get the beige living room carpet clean from three cats and my long hair without taking the nozzle off and getting on my hands and knees (no jokes please :p) well I am fed up with that malarky so can anyone recommend a good vaccum for pet hair? I don't really want to spend more than 150, car insurance is due this month :o
I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)

Comments

• hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    edited 26 February 2012 at 9:40PM
    Well,the Miele cat and dog has proved to be the best for getting up our dogs hairs but its not £150 :( However, you do get a ten year guarantee with it. Have to say my Sebo was much easier to open up if you got a blockage or whatever but this Miele does have the power you need for the hairs and an attachment for turbo removing hairs on the stairs

£239 at John Lewis
  • Hi,
    I`ve been through so many hovers as i have a dog with very short hair, and he molts like no other dog ive ever known.
    I now have a henry hover and have had no problems. got mine for around £85 a year ago in a sale.
    Hope this helps.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    I think The Miele mentioned above got the Which magazine Best Buy. I have a Dyson Animal with the turbo brush attachement which I find works well.
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    I have bought my last 2 from here,you get a 12 month warranty and i have had no problems.If you click on the name direct vacuums and go to there items for sale you will see loads of different ones.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hoover-WHS1601-1600W-Bagless-Pet-Upright-Vacuum-Cleaner-/380414322649?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaners&hash=item589275e7d9
  • Second the Henry, got to be a reason why professional cleaners use it!
  • I bought the Henry a few weeks ago, so sorry i did, useless at picking pet hairs up. Nearly bought this one http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_325008022803_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtmiele
    Really peeved i didn't :mad: as the reviews are fantastic.
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    edited 27 February 2012 at 2:35PM
    Yes, I got the upright version of that Miele and as I said, it ploughs through dogs hairs and the carpet looks clean (for a little while). Only downside is its quite heavy and a pain in the butt to open up if you get a blockage in it. Mine came with a 10 year guarantee from Co op online store. I dont think they have that offer now.

Gawd, on Debenhams its £320!! £239 on John Lewis with guarantee extended to 10 years for £30

http://www.johnlewis.com/230200613/Product.aspx#reviews
  • gibson123
    gibson123 Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Do NOT buy the hoover bagless upright that claims to be for pet hair, it clogs up every time you use it, and the wheels came off within 3 months. I previously had a Henry for 10 years and he was a scruffy old faithful until I overextended him while hoovering the car and he went tumbling down the concrete stairs, now considering buying another one even though the hoover is less than 6 months old
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2012 at 10:48AM
    Bissell are brill for anything, I got a cheap one from asda not expecting much and cannot recommend enough, lightweight, easy to empty and clean. I'm a cleaner and have used lots of Dysons, Hoovers etc and don't rate them like my Bissell :D

Also has a charcoal filter to keep per odours at bay, I got it for £40, its now on offer at £49 inflation eh?. I have a moulting dog but whip round once a day with this and its sorted. Just read the 325 5 star reviews.

Bissell Powerforce.
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    That has given me some things to think about, thanks guys
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure