12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Bought our pram today. The Silver Cross Pioneer deal at Mothercare. Got it in Sand colour. Fits in DH car perfectly. Exciting.
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    Gelly - So glad you are feeling better :) sounds like the softness of ligaments. I get it a lot when I turn over in bed (and wake myself up), agonising for 1-2 seconds then OK. I get it under my belly button at each side, sounds similar x
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Very exciting toots!
    We don't really need much this time, we stayed team yellow with our daughter so most things are unisex & can be reused
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    you're just stretching Gelly.. sneezing brings tears to my eyes and sometimes actually takes my breath away, it feels like I'm being ripped to pieces... it is really painful sometimes, others just a sharp twinge.

I bought everything in white and I did know the sex, I figured it is easier to sell stuff on and pass on if it isn't gender specific. I was traumatised by a pack of 3 cream sleepsuits.. they just never looked clean!

None of our respective parents have been told yet.. just the older 6 children.. my mother will ask on Friday.. probably.. and OHs mother is maybe coming over at half term so will find out then because OH doesn't seem to be telling her lol.. we are as bad as each other!

My usual leggings are too snug now but the maternity ones fall down.. why is it not warmer so I can fling my dresses on????

I'm just dreading the wedding we have to go to at 36 weeks.. I might get to experience a whole new hospital while we're there!! :) Might be interesting.. :D
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I felt flutters quite early on, but they were few and far between. I'd often go days without feeling/noticing anything. I'm 18+1 now and I feel something everyday, including swishes (I think this must be when baby is turning). Little one was very active on Friday night! Lol but I did have Dr Pepper so I wonder if that was the reason.

I have a posterior placenta, so I think that helps with feeling movement. My friend has an anterior placenta and at 21 weeks she still hadn't felt anything, but all is well in there.

I think little one has been punching or kicking my cervix at times too. Had what can only be described as a feeling of a smear test being done from the inside! Thankfully, it is fleeting lol
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Toots14 wrote: »
    Bought our pram today. The Silver Cross Pioneer deal at Mothercare. Got it in Sand colour. Fits in DH car perfectly. Exciting.

That's the one we bought but we got it in the Lime green (probably not a practical colour but it's my fave colour!) Did you manage to get the free car seat?
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Hey skint, yeah we got the free car seat. They tried it out in DH car and it was fine. We didn't get the free seat liner though as it is out of stock but not really a massive deal. We went with sand because we have two hairy cats so thought the hair would show up less on that colour. Their hairs get everywhere!
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    I've got a wedding at 35 weeks pig pen but luckily only down the road, was so looking forward to a good boogie, it'll be a good waddle now! I am also having the "in between" clothes stage. Maternity trousers are like clown pants, my normal trousers are too tight. Roll on getting a proper bump!

Thanks euronorris, I had an anterior last time, not sure about this time, it doesn't say in my notes annoyingly. I think the kicking of the cervix is what I commonly refer to as "f*nny daggers" :D
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Yes! That's an accurate term for it! Lol
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 January 2016 at 10:55AM
    Options
    my lot arrive any time from 30 weeks.. most were 34-35 weeks.. though the last 3 did better, 37, 35 and 36 weeks respectively.. and the wedding is 100 miles away.. 2 hour car journey.. I guess seeing as the bride has 2 daughter, one a pharmacist the other a dr I should survive most eventualities even if I never dare look them in the eye again haha... I will make the day all about me mwahahahahaaaaaa.... OH said if anything even threatens to happen on the way there we will come home.. there is no way his sister is being left with our girls apparently.. I did point out he has other more capable family members there.. and it would only be one night and my daughter would be there and she's sensible.

I can't even just send him alone because if something happens I need him here.. he holds my hand and tells me to stop being a cowbag ..

We're not going are we?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts