DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Comments

• Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Ooh er only three weeks tomorrow to go until Christmas day and I am so badly organised. You are all putting me to shame.

Last year I put some arts and crafts books onto my Amazon wish list (I love my wish list, I get the things I like that way!) with the intention of making gifts. I had the idea to spend my evenings being creative, hopefully to save some money and to be able to give a unique gift to family and friends. However I have spent all year playing angry birds - so no gifts made but I do have three stars on every level:rotfl:

Can I join you for a pint?
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • jubilee14
    jubilee14 Posts: 331
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    hi all update from me 2nd DMP payment out to stepchange. still waiting for my latest statements with HFx and BCard both applying interest when plugged the figs into my spreadsheet was reaching past 2023 and figures were still going up so am hoping at some point that it will get sorted still early days.

did a bit of the xmas shop had got the £5 aldi voucher in paper last week so got two papers cut out all the vouchers and i did 1 shop on sunday mainly normal weekly shop ( plus some of the special offers) saved £7 then DH did the ' xmas food shop and got a further £5 so we're just about there.

Got most of the kids presents too so thats good. Did get paint though as my youngest has decorated my walls with her artistic work and really looks awful ( mind you so does the multi coloured carpet from juice stains but not doing anything about that.

anyway better go and get on with my surveys nearly at £10 redeemable at valued options. a while to go with my £40 at onepoll but may need by Jan anyway :)
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I did all my Christmas shopping on friday ! (the advantages of having a small family !).

3 presents from M&S (all with Gift Receipts) £30
    3 x presents from Amazon (2 for same person) £28
    1 x £10 to my sister for neice £10

Total spend on presents £70

All paid for out of February 2013 no council tax month (loaned to me by me dad !).
  • Growurown wrote: »
    Ooh er only three weeks tomorrow to go until Christmas day and I am so badly organised. You are all putting me to shame.

Last year I put some arts and crafts books onto my Amazon wish list (I love my wish list, I get the things I like that way!) with the intention of making gifts. I had the idea to spend my evenings being creative, hopefully to save some money and to be able to give a unique gift to family and friends. However I have spent all year playing angry birds - so no gifts made but I do have three stars on every level:rotfl:

Can I join you for a pint?

My daughter once added Angry Birds to my phone, after about 30 minutes I deleted it because I knew I would spend half my life playing it :rotfl:

Bitter or lager? And crisps or pork scratchings? Watch out for HH's whippet, he's a bit overfriendly, if you know what I mean. Oh and tuck your jeans in your socks, she has those ferrets with her again :D
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • jubilee14 wrote: »
    hi all update from me 2nd DMP payment out to stepchange. still waiting for my latest statements with HFx and BCard both applying interest when plugged the figs into my spreadsheet was reaching past 2023 and figures were still going up so am hoping at some point that it will get sorted still early days.

did a bit of the xmas shop had got the £5 aldi voucher in paper last week so got two papers cut out all the vouchers and i did 1 shop on sunday mainly normal weekly shop ( plus some of the special offers) saved £7 then DH did the ' xmas food shop and got a further £5 so we're just about there.

Got most of the kids presents too so thats good. Did get paint though as my youngest has decorated my walls with her artistic work and really looks awful ( mind you so does the multi coloured carpet from juice stains but not doing anything about that.

anyway better go and get on with my surveys nearly at £10 redeemable at valued options. a while to go with my £40 at onepoll but may need by Jan anyway :)

Great bargains! I never used vouchers before I came here and now I love them :D

My daughter borrowed a steam mop to clean granddaughter's carpet and it came up a treat, see if you know anyone who has one.

For surveys, I have recently added GratisPoints too and made a £15 Amazon voucher in no time. Check it out :j
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • My daughter once added Angry Birds to my phone, after about 30 minutes I deleted it because I knew I would spend half my life playing it :rotfl:

Bitter or lager? And crisps or pork scratchings? Watch out for HH's whippet, he's a bit overfriendly, if you know what I mean. Oh and tuck your jeans in your socks, she has those ferrets with her again :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • debtdawg
    debtdawg Posts: 343 Forumite
    Hi all :)

First payment went out to step change this month and everything seems to have gone quiet. Lloyds are the only ones who wont stop interest and who have accepted the reduced payments towards my loan for 6 months but expect full payments to resume at the end blahdy blah. Funny how some creditors have been lovely and Lloyds are tools! They knew I didn't have an income when I took out the loan (we had to move house but had no first month or deposit available so had to take out a loan to cover it :o ) but were happy to lend it to me.

Looking forward to Christmas but also looking forward to January and getting 'proper straight'.
  • debtdawg wrote: »
    Hi all :)

First payment went out to step change this month and everything seems to have gone quiet. Lloyds are the only ones who wont stop interest and who have accepted the reduced payments towards my loan for 6 months but expect full payments to resume at the end blahdy blah. Funny how some creditors have been lovely and Lloyds are tools! They knew I didn't have an income when I took out the loan (we had to move house but had no first month or deposit available so had to take out a loan to cover it :o ) but were happy to lend it to me.

Looking forward to Christmas but also looking forward to January and getting 'proper straight'.

Well done! Great feeling isn't it. Welcome to your new life, the debt will start to go down. When did that last happen?

HHx
  • bertman
    bertman Posts: 275 Forumite
    I had my (now monthly) call from HSBC saying they hadn't had anything yet from SC. I range SC again and they say they have had a problem that has just come to light with correspondence that has been sent to HSBC where they apparently haven't had any of the letters. This was sorted out last week and they are now working through the backlog.
    Hopefully this will be sorted soon as HSBC are adding interest at a 29.99% rate every month!!
    Debts as of June 2012 - £68,986.35
    Now £27,470.20 :T
    57% of debts cleared:beer:
  • Hi to all DFW'ers, three weeks today the big man will have been!!:j

Welcome to the newbies, as others have suggested definitely take the time to read the whole thread, it has been and is so helpful and there is no judgement on this thread; we are all in the same boat.

Had a terrible month moneywise last month, we totally lost the plot budget-wise and just ran out :mad:. We've got blase with the budget, so the purse strings must be tightened here.

Christmas presents all bought, my one night out is already paid for apart from drinks, and just fresh food and drink to buy now. Due to OH working nights over Xmas week we are doing Christmas Day the following Saturday when my parents are coming, and my lovely dad has given us some money towards the cost which is fab.

I'm still having no joy from Natwest about stopping charges on our OD and CC, saying they was the SC details again. This will be the third time and will no doubt be a waste of time. Knobbers.

We're due a review but I am putting it off a bit as our mortgage and nursery fees are going up this month and I'm not sure of the amounts.

This will be our second Christmas without credit, and January is so much more pleasant without the dreaded CC bills coming. Christmas will be quiet here, and having only bought for our DS and neices and nephews, it will be a simple one.

And do you know what, when we have money again, it will stay simple!:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport