Overtime shortage

Hi all, the agency I work for a not paying my overtime rate of time,and a 3rd . They are not answering my emails now either .
Is there a goverment agency or regulatory body that I can contact to bring a charge against them ?

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    If they continue to ignore you then you could look at taking them to court using the Small Claims system. I'm not aware of any government or regulatory agency who would get involved in an overtime payment dispute between an employer and employee.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Do you have a contract specifying overtime rate? There is no law saying that OT has to be paid at more than the basic rate, if that is what you are asking.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • gesd7
    gesd7 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Yes , I do have a contract. Also the agency has stopped 2 weeks pay previously; am owed that also,
    if anybody knows how to get redress ?, Thanks for any help.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    That wasn't what was asked though. Do you have a contract which clearly states that there is an enhanced overtime rate?

And why would they stop you two weeks pay?

The easy answer is you send them a letter before action, and if they do not pay you take them to court. You should wave your job goodbye at the same time, and possibly this advice could land you in more expensive hot water if we don't have proper explanations from you.
  • gesd7
    Am assuming that its such a headache for them to go through all the paperwork trail again, its financially rewarding for them not to as they would like to bully me & for me to just go away about the issue etc..
  • gesd7
    There was a lot of paperwork involved in that contract if you could call it that as I was working for the Nhs, mitie ,freemantle electrics the agency which I shan't name & also myself as I was also classed as self employed so if anyone can figure out how that works!
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    I seriously doubt that anyone is bullying you by not paying you. You are wasting our time and your own here. Answer the questions. We cannot help you if you insist on ranting and not on information.

Or is that the point, and you are just trolling?
  • gesd7
    Can anyone recommend a route to prosecute and get remittance from the agency please , apart from the rude who wrote last; was thinking of going to the local citizens advice, the reviews of them are extremely bad & one person mentioned they were better of doing it themselves they were that bad.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    If you're just going to rant at them and refuse to let them help you as you are doing here, then no, there is no point going to Citizens' Advice. They are overworked so you should probably let someone who wants help use them.

Tellit01 already answered your question.
  • gesd7
    Tellit01 offered a possible route, there may be other possible routes, just exploring avenues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure