Disability Element of Working Tax Credits

There are 2 people in my household in receipt of PIP. Both receive the enhanced level in both mobility and care.
I understand that there is a disability element of Working Tax Credits that I can apply for.
My question is: Do I get one disability element or two ie one for each disabled person in my household?
Also I see there are 2 rates of the disability element. Do we receive the higher level because we receive enhanced level of PIP?
Hope I've made myself clear.
Thanks

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    I believe it is a top up when the disabled person works,not for non disabled people in the household.
  • Thanks for your reply. There are 2 disabled people in the household and both work.
    Do they both receive a top up or is it one top up per claim?
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Thanks for your reply. There are 2 disabled people in the household and both work.
    Do they both receive a top up or is it one top up per claim?

It depends on who the people are (i.e. are they a couple? parent/child etc?) and whether they work 16 hours or more. If you provide that information we can answer.

IQ
  • a couple with children. The parents are both disabled and both work 16 hours per week.
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    a couple with children. The parents are both disabled and both work 16 hours per week.

If both parents work 16 hours + each and they both get enhanced mob and care from PIP they will get two disability elements of WTC (Assuming they meet the other test for the disability element - being at a disadvantage in getting a job - see leaflet TC956) and two severe disability elements of WTC.

IQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport