PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th October 2015

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Any reason OH needed 24 used A4 size envelopes???
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Options
    half a bottle of stain remover used on about 1/8th of my carpet.. oh my word.. what have I started???

this room WILL look presentable by this evening... though I may be forced to banish OH to the back room to play his game lol
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Accounts updated, washing about to be pegged out, bedrooms tidied, laundry gathered, phone charged, livingroom rescued.

Debating leaving town to another day as I can get 2/3 boxes on my trolley so I can easily walk to and from the charity shop, then put a light box in one of my big bags for life then I can get it done all on foot and save the bus pass cost. Tomorrow or Friday I can walk into town dropping the suitcases off as I go past and run the errands. I have 12 boxes...so 4 trips max? I can do a bit of grocery shopping while I'm there and the walk will do me the world of good ;) You know what, I'm going to do it! I'm mad I'm telling you, MAD :eek::rotfl::rotfl:

:wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • huston_kw
    Options
    My HHC turned into pull more crap out other kitchen cupboards and make my kitchen look like a bomb has gone off... so I'm just going to gut my kitchen thoroughly... I don't need stuff I've not used in years... my herb, spice and baking goods cupboards looks bare... off for another HHC (of most likely many)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Cat been to vet, has a clean bill of health, had his jabs, now back sleeping in the sun inside the house on the carpet. Vat says his coat is lovely for an old cat, all down to the brush / combing I do for him.

More daily stuff done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    Options
    children collected.. middle room destroyed.. why does it get so much messier before it gets tidier??? I wish I was an obsessive cleaner... my life would be so much easier/less cluttered.. I kind of wish it was contagious! I am so fed up of mess
  • jjef
    jjef Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    If its gone then its done-

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Extra mission:

• Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    • Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

I have also WD x 2, DW x 1, TD x 1, walked the dog, sorted tea, had lunch. Away to do 30 mins sorting paperwork

• Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been cleaning at my LOL's house today. Nipped into town to get a few bits and have just finished a very late lunch.

I DD2 and DS3 both have after school clubs today but I have to pick up a friend's little one at normal chuck out time.

Yesterday afternoon's appointment for FIL didn't go well. He has to have a bone marrow biopsy next Tuesday. MIL was very wobbly afterwards.

I got back at 5.30 (I thought I would be home by 4). DS3 was hugging the white telephone in the bathroom. He said his head hurt. 5 minutes later he pebble dashed the bowl. He put himself to bed and slept round to 7am this morning. He's fine now. I think it's a migraine.

DUSTY I hope the op took place and that your mum is ok x
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    I kept falling over as a kids, dr's checked me over, it seems it is part of my deafness, your balance is in your middle ear, and mine is up the swanny, hence the reason why I fall over.
    That explains why I spent so much of my childhood picking myself up off the floor, too, I reckon. I'm no better now, specially when you add in knees that can go from under me with absolutely no warning.:D
    pigpen wrote: »
    Pixie on the potty so my vacuuming is on hold until she moves as she is terrified of it.
    Aww, bless.... and it's not as if you can tip her outside like I do with the dogs that don't like the vacuum (don't worry, my back garden is all enclosed and secure, so they are safe out there).:o

Mumto5 your poor DS has my sympathy; I don't often get those really awful "call-Huey-on-the-big-white-telephone" migraines, but I have had them before, and they are horrid. Glad he's feeling better.

Bedroom is all done, and we don't have a landing. Am I allowed to do HHCross-stitch, d'you think?:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all

Op went ahead, Mum still in recovery though, hoping it is just a bed issue.

Paid stuff and governing meeting done.

Just having a snack then I want to start preparing the garden for the new fence and hoover and mop teh floor.

May hospital visit later depending on how Mum is.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport