Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Council Tax Rebranding - Confused!!
    • #1
    • 17th Aug 10, 12:41 PM
    Council Tax Rebranding - Confused!! 17th Aug 10 at 12:41 PM
    Hi. I'm a total newbee to the site and looking for some advice / help please!! In the section about Council Tax rebranding in the main MSE site, the advice suggests that you get the approximately value of your house in 1991. What approach should be taken if your hiuse was built after '91?

    Our house was built in '95 or '96. Applying the criteria on a 2009 price (the most recent in our street) to the '96 value suggests were in Band C by a long way. Applying the criteria to a '91 valuation (if the house had been there!) suggests Band C even more so. However, we're classed as Band E. All houses in the strret are either D or E.

    Grateful for any advice please.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,353Posts Today

7,999Users online

Martin's Twitter