Charge Tony Blair with his crimes.

I'm not sure how popular Mr. Blair is with forces personnel. I've posted this petition everywhere I thought it may get some support.
As you can see there isn't much time left. Hope you can support and circulate to areas of the net I've never heard of. Thank you..._

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108495

Comments

• Apollonia
    Apollonia Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 March 2016 at 10:37PM
    Tony Blair led us into a war, using lies and deception, resulting in the death of thousands of our soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Total British military deaths in Iraq between 2003 and 2009 was 179.

Figures for civilian deaths from violence 2003 - 2015 is between 155, 437 and 174,000.

The petition is likely to get more support without the unnecessary exaggeration.

ETA and if you mean British military deaths to include those in Afghanistan and the whole war against terror then that total is 1,134.
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Apollonia wrote: »
    ?.........The petition is likely to get more support without the unnecessary exaggeration........
    It was a flawed petition, and your right, it didn't help.

Chilcot report is out in a few days. I could ask for views on 'Discusion Time', but it would just attract the usual suspects, with the usual arguments and rows.
    I hope you in the forces will comment when it is released, even if you have to guard what you post. You at least have earned the right to comment..._

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tony-blair-chilcot-inquiry-iraq-war-report-impeach-law-a7115266.html
  • Somehow I cannot see the nasty twerp getting prosecuted. :sad:

If only there was someone somewhere with the nads to charge him and get him to trial. Unfortunately the only persons who could do this seems to be bereft of the necessary ***** :sad:
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". - Benjamin Franklin
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We may all think Tony Blair is guilty but i think we have to wait until the Chilcot report is published to see exactly what he knew and what he said. If Chilcot says he's guilty then maybe then have a petition to show you feel there should be prosecutions.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    DiggerUK wrote: »
    I'm not sure how popular Mr. Blair is with forces personnel. I've posted this petition everywhere I thought it may get some support.
    As you can see there isn't much time left. Hope you can support and circulate to areas of the net I've never heard of. Thank you..._

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108495
    He should be arrested and put in prison.

LOL

I can't believe this petition attracted over 20,000 signatures over the 6 months it ran for.

Mind you, when I see some of those signatures originate from places such as Cambodia, China, Kuwait, Serbia, Uzbekistan & Vietnam etc, I think it's yet more evidence the site is not fit for purpose.

How about starting a petition to get the site closed down? :)
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    After hearing his crocodile tears about the 2003 Iraq war, he has just elevated himself above Margret Thatcher as a nasty piece of work in my eyes.

That takes some doing as some of you know when we lived through Maggie's period in our life.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Not forgetting those killed by terrorist incidents, those who starved to death or died due to illness caused by radiation from shells and water born diseases.

We are talking millions of deaths.
    A holocaust, our holocaust that we sat and watched on TV news.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Chilcot has now reported, and it is clear that Blair lied to Parliament. The appropriate sanction for that is impeachment, something that MPs can do. So now is the time to write to your MP asking for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure