£2012 in 2012

Comments

• mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    I enrolled so long ago I cant remember the process, I also work in a city centre and I am able to do them in my lunch break, they take about 20 minutes in store and another 20-30 minutes keying in the results.
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • Oooh another idea I had is to start getting my hair done at the local college to take it from an eye watering £90 for a full head of highlights to something much less.
  • nic73
    nic73 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Hi would i be able to join in this challenge. Thiink I would split mine between my dollar fund & christmas 2012

I do the on-line surveys.

Only got £10 in vouches in 2011 so better get my finger out for 2012

Surveys
    ebay
    amazon
    car-boots
    we cant work overtime where i am so have applied for other part-time work so fingers crossed that will boost the pot
    1 debt vs 100 days Kays £96.90/£98.00
    Debt: Jacamo £100.00, Barclays £318.00,Capital 1 cc £1591,Car £419.34/£5227.08,
    Loan: 1900.50/£8835.28
    Need to Save $2100 for 2013 - $125/$2100
  • Thanks for adding me to the list, ive edited my signature :) I've just agreed to work 27th December o.t at work so that will be £50-75 depending on if its paid as a premium (time and a half) because its a bank hol so hopefully 75 minus tax!
  • To kick off my £2012, I'm going to try putting some stuff on eBay. I had a month of decluttering last month and while most of the cheaper clothes have gone to the charity shop, I've kept some stuff back which I can try on eBay, as well as some postcards and other things. I don't have that much stuff to sell really, so I'm not sure it'll even cover my first month's savings - let alone after that! I'll have to put my thinking cap on as to what comes next :)
  • twirly09
    twirly09 Posts: 177 Forumite
    joe_purdy wrote: »
    Thanks for adding me to the list, ive edited my signature :) I've just agreed to work 27th December o.t at work so that will be £50-75 depending on if its paid as a premium (time and a half) because its a bank hol so hopefully 75 minus tax!

I've agreed to work this, and NYD! wont get it till about 20th jan, so yippeee!! theres my start :)
    :eek: How did I let it get such a mess? :eek:
  • Could I please join, I am always looking at ways to make money and this sounds like a fantastic challenge!!! Would you mind sending me the spreadsheet too???
    Became a first time buyer quite unexpectedly in June 2013!! :j
  • clairelh wrote: »
    Can I ask, those that do Mystery Shopping, do they take up much of your time? I work in the city centre and have quite flexible hours, I often think it would be something I could do. I used to hear it was a pain to get enrolled, is that the case?

I joined up with retaileyes but haven't done anything for ages. They always seem to have airport ones so if you travel a fair amount it could be worth your while joining. They are great because you can do them when you're trying to fill the boring 2 hours before your flight.

I looked at what I made this year and it's not that great. I think I can make the following next year:
    mysurvey £20
    valued opinions £30
    pureprofile £25
    onepoll £40
    retaileyes £20
    ebay £140
    quidco £100

But that only comes to £375 and I am really struggling to think where the extra is going to come from! I don't get paid overtime but work so many hours I'm not sure I could fit in a part time job. Really need to get my thinking cap on!
  • **Juice** wrote: »
    Oooh another idea I had is to start getting my hair done at the local college to take it from an eye watering £90 for a full head of highlights to something much less.

Good idea - I keep thinking about this too, so maybe I will just have to put thoughts into action. :)

No overtime for me either. I keep looking at second jobs, but due to my childcare, it's limited to when I can work, so there's very little out there.

When is this 'officially' starting from? Is it only money we receive or save from Jan 1st or are we starting now?
  • Hi, could I join but only for £503 which I will do by selling some of my small art crafts I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure