Cheap Airport Parking: Luton Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• hi, i just enquired about Luton Airport Parkway Rail carpark and was told that only permit holders can park here and you have to buy a minimum of one months permit at a cost of £100. Does anyone know if this is correct?
  • bushcaro
    bushcaro Posts: 542 Forumite
    Hi - any updates on this please
  • squidworth
    squidworth Posts: 170 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2010 at 1:25PM
    The multi-storey car park is just a nice modern train station car park, i normally just drive in and upon return pay on the way back to the car, the machine (takes cash and cards) works out the weekly rates etc. As its barrier access (more secure) and not pay-n-display I don't think the scratch cards are an option...

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/Main.php?iCmsPageId=71

The costs of parking are currently £6/weekday* (£2/day for weekends and bank holidays) or £27.50/week

* note that first day is £3 if arriving after 10am or £2 after 5pm

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/content/doc/cms/carpark_tariff_jan10.pdf

The bus should be a quid each way, tickets from the normal train station ticket office or a machine at the bus stop at the airport. Up to you whether you bother lol

"There is a regular shuttle bus service between Luton Airport Parkway and London Luton Airport terminal. The service runs every ten minutes between 05:00 and midnight and also connects with all trains calling at Luton Airport Parkway overnight" - so it still runs well after midnight

The car park is at the Luton Airport Parkway station, just come off the M1 and its well signposted (new layout, I think its carry on straight and then left at the first traffic lights you come to, a quick right/left at the pair of mini roundabouts and the car park is on the right as you enter the station)
  • squidworth
    squidworth Posts: 170 Forumite
    hi, i just enquired about Luton Airport Parkway Rail carpark and was told that only permit holders can park here and you have to buy a minimum of one months permit at a cost of £100. Does anyone know if this is correct?

naw, he's pulling your string!
  • Amy83
    Amy83 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Just a quick one from a Luton airport virgin...

I'm booking the Parkway train station carpark from http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/Main.php?iCmsPageId=71#online and it only gives options for a week or a month. Is it still the case that I can buy a weeks parking now, then pay for the extra days I'm away when I get back? Or would it be an inflated cost?

Thanks in advance :j
    Aiming for that elusive 'debt free' by Christmas 2012
    :rudolf: [STRIKE]£6,000[/STRIKE] £4,279 and counting... #217 paid off £1721 :rudolf:

23.01.2012 - Started diet (Weight loss 22 / 31lbs)
  • IBJ
    IBJ Posts: 1 Newbie
    I parked at Parkway at 11:30 on a Monday, on returning at 22:00 on the following Monday. Put debit card in machine, charged £38 - somewhat more than I expected (if a week is £28 and a part day £3???), in hindsight I should've dwelt a little longer on the 'price board' to work out how, alas I wanted to get home.

Incidentally the getting to and from the airport element is painless.
  • We are going away for a last minute city break and were quoted £45 for 5 days at Airparks-checked this out and its only £18.40 for the 5 days-helped by the bank holidays as it is only £2 a day for weekends and Bank holidays
  • So just to clarify this as the information and some of the links seems to be outdated.

My flight details are

Sun, 26Sep10 Depart LTN at 06:35
    Fri, 01Oct10 arrive LTN at 23:45

So I buy a week's pass from the dude or the machine on arrival, but this shuttle bus thingy, will it be running at those times?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    earledawes wrote: »
    So just to clarify this as the information and some of the links seems to be outdated.

My flight details are

So I buy a week's pass from the dude or the machine on arrival, but this shuttle bus thingy, will it be running at those times?
    Not sure which carpark you are thinking of using, or which 'shuttle bus thingy'.

Which links are outdated?
    How about posting some up-to-date info for us all?

This link may help you.
  • roadster1
    roadster1 Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 September 2010 at 6:32PM
    earledawes wrote: »
    So just to clarify this as the information and some of the links seems to be outdated.

My flight details are

If this is Luton Parkway you should purchase a weekly ticket at the machine, button top right hand corner "Other".
    If you are staying for 2 weeks you should put your card back in the machine on your return and purchase another week.

The bendybus shuttle to the airport seems to run on a regular basis.

This information was given to us by the lady on the Parkway help line (08450507080)

If anyone can confirm the way you buy the second week is correct please let us know!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback