Toilet rolls best prices?

Comments

• jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I got 90 rolls on Groupon early last year, down to about 20 rolls now!

Can't remember cost, but worked out very cheap per sheet and they're good and sturdy!!
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    mardatha wrote: »
    I'll have some of them, will be up there at weekend. thank you!

You're welcome, offers valid until the 29th.

They quite often have the velvet quilted on offer for £10 including vat. 40 rolls.

Have you tried there Kirkland brand toilet roll, it's really good value. Problem is I can't remember the price just now, sorry. It's slightly more expensive, though sure there's more on the roll and it's great quality.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I find a roll will last months as i mainly tend to go during the day when the chances are i'm not at home.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    That did make me laugh.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I recently bought some "CosySoft" fromPoundstretcher, 2x18 rolls for £5. They do the job but I won't bother again. I'll stick to what I know!
    A brief update: I finished these low quality toilet rolls and cracked into my multi-pack of Floralys (Lidl). It feels like luxury in comparison!!

Life would be a little easier if this thread was restored to Food Shopping & Groceries. Red?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Life would be a little easier if this thread was restored to Food Shopping & Groceries.

I have done so.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2017 at 2:41AM
    Lucyxx wrote: »
    I've found the quality seems to have gone downhill recently from Asda and Aldi and previously soft ones aren't now. The best I have found is Waitrose essential. I chose one as one of my favourites with My Waitrose card so get 20% off and now I get 9 for I think it is around £2.80. It seems very reasonable for properly soft rolls!

I agree with you Lucyxx. If we can get past the usual Nicky worship on here you will find these are a good deal.

The price you quote is £3.50 minus 70p My Waitrose card. If you pick a time when they are on offer for 2 packs for £6 you can get them for £2.30 per pack.

With that offer I recently bought 54 rolls for £13.80. A years supply ( curries not withstanding).

Plus you can always get a code for waitrose for so much off a home delivery you buy bog rolls dirt cheap.

Edit : T roll info.

9 roll pack. 240 sheets per roll. Sheet size 124x104 mm. Total 9 roll area 27.85m2.

Colours available are White and Champagne (very light yellow/orange).
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Another vote for Waitrose toilet rolls, as Robin says having them as a PYO when buying when they are 2 packs for £6 makes them a really good buy.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2017 at 1:07AM
    Handy Toilet Rolls - 2 Ply - Embossed 320 sheet x 36 rolls for £14.40
    https://www.galleonsupplies.co.uk/toilet-paper-c10/toilet-rolls-2-ply-embossed-p20
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    boliston wrote: »
    I find a roll will last months as i mainly tend to go during the day when the chances are i'm not at home.

So basically you go in company time then.:rotfl:
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing