18910111214»

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2017 at 11:49PM
    The correct places to ask would be Budgeting & Bank Accounts
    or Consumer Rights boards.

In short, no, you can't 'cancel the payment' unless it was fraudulent/unauthorised (neither was the case).

For goods bought online there is a cooling-off period, but, AFAIK, not for software (unless it's faulty) - see MSE article Consumer Rights Armour

EDIT: I misread 'in-app' purchase as 'app purchase', so the above advice might be not correct.

Have a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/advanced-search.php?q=in-app%20purchase&searchtype=guides, but I think you are extremely unlikely to get a refund.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Welcome back, grumbler.
  • This is the first time I have ever done a post so I'm not sure if it's in the right place. So firstly let me apologise in advance and also just say hello to everyone! This started a few years ago my bank of Ireland account was closed down so I went to Ulster bank to open a new one. I seen the manager at the time and was told I would have to open a business account as my credit was poor at that time. This was 13 years ago and I have been paying quarterly for 13 years for an account I never wanted to open or needed as I never ran a business. Would I be able to reclaim my money if they see no business was ever ran from this account? Thank you for your time and again I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 16 March 2017 at 1:22PM
    Barneyboyz336,
    your post will probably be seen by more people, and get a better response, if it were on the 'Bank Accounts' board.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20
    (A board is just a sub-division of a forum. We are currently on the 'Site Feedback' board of the MSE forum.)
    There are people who read that board who are pretty much experts in that area ... many who work in banks, some who have been branch managers.
    In fact, there are so many threads, about so many different aspects of banking, on that board that I would not be surprised to find that this issue has already been raised there by someone else.

If this had been a separate new thread (rather than a post in an existing thread), I would have suggested that you contact a Board Guide and ask them to move the thread to the other board. Clearly they can't do that here.

It might therefore be best if you go to the Bank Accounts board, and see if there is an appropriate existing thread there to ask your question on - or start your own new thread there.

You can also try using the 'forum search' option to find related threads from the past, but it would not be immediately obvious which search terms to use to pin things down.
  • Oh thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me I'm very grateful I will try and do that now. As I said I never ever posted anything anywhere before but I will try. Thank you again.
  • cairndog
    cairndog Posts: 226 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Welcome to the forums suejquinn. :)

On this forum it's top left between Sub Forums and Threads in Forum, (which are highlighted in dark green.)

Other forums - top left above Threads in Forum, (highlighted in dark green.)

hth

f&w
    Hi I've been a member for ages and want to start a new thread. Even with your info above I just can't see the place for it!?
    I thought it used to be on the bottom near the reply button.
    Help!
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    cairndog wrote: »
    I thought it used to be on the bottom near the reply button.
    Help!

If you are seeing reply, then you are already in a thread.

You can't start a thread when you are in a thread. Go back to the forum itself.

All this is explained in the FIG, which is accessible from any thread!
  • I've just joined and cannot for the life of me work out how to start a new thread. Couldn't even find the introductory video :-S
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    I've just joined and cannot for the life of me work out how to start a new thread. Couldn't even find the introductory video :-S

There is a a blue box which says 'new thread' at the top left of the main threads of each forum. Just click on this.

I hope that explains this in easy terms. :)

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Hi Charlie6510

At the top of each forum board eg Credit Card and Loans you should see a pink "new thread" button on the top left.

As this thread links to the old green forum intro video rather than the "new" blue I'm going to close it.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories