Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 11:01AM
    Options
    Just had my final electric bill from BG but for one day they have put me on the standard tariff, despite knowing I was switching. I called them and quoted the Supply Licence Conditions as above, but the senior advisor will not budge. It's only a few pence, but it's the principle and will also apply to the gas final bill. I threatened with refer to ofgem, but it made no difference. Any advice?

First, you need to look at the chronology. Iresa do NOTHING for the first 14 days (i.e.; during the cooling off period) whereas most suppliers start the appropriate transfer notifications when they are told of a switch request. This is important as if BG was notified of a transfer at day 21 or later after the end of your fixed contract then it is right to move you on to the standard variable tariff. I suspect that the above is unlikely but it is worth checking.

If you are happy that your situation sits within the SLC requirement then make a formal complaint in writing and say that, if they wish to stand their ground, you would like the matter to be deadlocked. This gives you the right to take your complaint to the EO without having to wait 8 weeks.

I would also refer the matter to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk asserting that the supplier is not compliant with the SLC relating to fixed tariff contracts. Ask for the matter to be referred to their Compliance Department and offer to send them a copy of your bill. You will not get a detailed response to your concerns from Ofgem but no supplier likes to have the Regulator knock on their door.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    In my case the "You've set up a Direct Debit", "Your Order Confirmation" and "Order Acknowledgement" emails were all received within a couple of minutes of each other on the same day as the order was placed online.

After pointing out they'd not taken any more payments after the deposit, I just got another direct debit notification on its own (still only one registered with the bank) saying they were taking payment in a few days.

Coincidence?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 15 March 2017 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Just had a second DD notification, making the sequence :- (dual supply change from EON) :-
    1st DD 22 Feb
    1st readings and account change : 3 March
    2nd DD (Iresa emailed with same reference, same amount) 20 March
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Just had a second DD notification, making the sequence :- (dual supply change from EON) :-
    1st DD 22 Feb
    1st readings and account change : 3 March
    2nd DD (Iresa emailed with different reference, same amount) 20 March

As per above sequence - but the payment reference has remained the same for me. However, I only switched leccy to IRESA - wonder if the change is related to a dual switch??
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    After pointing out they'd not taken any more payments after the deposit, I just got another direct debit notification on its own (still only one registered with the bank) saying they were taking payment in a few days.

Coincidence?

I'm pretty sure it's a coincidence as I've just had the same email.

In my case they took my first DD payment covering both fuels on 1st February (my contract/dual fuel switch went live on 10th February) and this latest email says they're taking the next payment (2nd payment) again covering both fuels with same DD reference number on or shortly after the 20th March so it looks OK to me.

I think it's best just to leave them to get on with it unless something looks seriously out of place. The bloody phone never get answered and online queries or complaints the same - so it's not even worth trying to contact them. Unless you got through on the phone they will probably be totally unaware that you've even tried to contact them.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's a coincidence as I've just had the same email.

In my case they took my first DD payment covering both fuels on 1st February (my contract/dual fuel switch went live on 10th February) and this latest email says they're taking the next payment (2nd payment) again covering both fuels with same DD reference number on or shortly after the 20th March so it looks OK to me.

I think it's best just to leave them to get on with it unless something looks seriously out of place. The bloody phone never get answered and online queries or complaints the same - so it's not even worth trying to contact them. Unless you got through on the phone they will probably be totally unaware that you've even tried to contact them.

I agree. This is the one piece of the Iresa jigsaw that they have been getting right.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Update on EON to Iresa switch which may be of interest to those still in the process. It has taken over two months but everything is now in place. All online entries seem correct. I received a refund ffrom EON and Iresa have now given a date for the second D.D. Hopefully I can now relax and enjoy the best tariffs that were available when I switched.

I did get a bit anxious over the delay, but all is well that ends well. My advice to others is to try and relax and let things take their course, with the caveat that you need to provide Iresa with all the necessary information for the transfer.

I am sorry that I had to leave EON because I believe their customer service had really improved. C.S. became quite fast and efficient. Their tariffs and incentives were attractive. Unfortunately their new tariffs were a big disincentive to staying with them. I note that there is a financial report on EON out today which may indicate why they have become much less competitive tariff and incentive wise.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    Update on EON to Iresa switch which may be of interest to those still in the process. It has taken over two months but everything is now in place. All online entries seem correct. I received a refund ffrom EON and Iresa have now given a date for the second D.D. Hopefully I can now relax and enjoy the best tariffs that were available when I switched.

I did get a bit anxious over the delay, but all is well that ends well. My advice to others is to try and relax and let things take their course, with the caveat that you need to provide Iresa with all the necessary information for the transfer.

I am sorry that I had to leave EON because I believe their customer service had really improved. C.S. became quite fast and efficient. Their tariffs and incentives were attractive. Unfortunately their new tariffs were a big disincentive to staying with them. I note that there is a financial report on EON out today which may indicate why they have become much less competitive tariff and incentive wise.

Sorry to lose you icharus but glad our account closed as it should and we've sorted your refund. Pleased also you thought our Customer Service has improved.

We'll be putting something on our website soon about the financial report you mention. Not sure when this will be as we're planning some more changes to the layout of the website as we speak.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Eon has suffered in recent years from low wholesale electricity prices, competition from subsidized renewable energy, and the German government's decision to ditch nuclear power by 2022.
    The German government, under Chancellor Angela Merkel, decided to move away from nuclear power by 2022 in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima disaster.
    As part of the phase-out, Germany's four biggest energy providers RWE, Eon, Vattenfall and EnBW have to contribute 23.5 billion euros to a state fund for the long-term storage of nuclear waste.
    The affected firms have long complained about the high price tag that comes with Germany's atomic power exit.
    This latter point in particular can be one of the reasons for the less competitive pricing.
  • luckwudaveit
    luckwudaveit Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2017 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    First, you need to look at the chronology. Iresa do NOTHING for the first 14 days (i.e.; during the cooling off period) whereas most suppliers start the appropriate transfer notifications when they are told of a switch request. This is important as if BG was notified of a transfer at day 21 or later after the end of your fixed contract then it is right to move you on to the standard variable tariff. I suspect that the above is unlikely but it is worth checking.

If you are happy that your situation sits within the SLC requirement then make a formal complaint in writing and say that, if they wish to stand their ground, you would like the matter to be deadlocked. This gives you the right to take your complaint to the EO without having to wait 8 weeks.

I would also refer the matter to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk asserting that the supplier is not compliant with the SLC relating to fixed tariff contracts. Ask for the matter to be referred to their Compliance Department and offer to send them a copy of your bill. You will not get a detailed response to your concerns from Ofgem but no supplier likes to have the Regulator knock on their door.

Thanks. The dates are fine. I've an email from BG on 18th Feb confirming I'm leaving them and the incorrect tariff charges apply to 1st March only. It's literally pennies I've been overcharged, but ive sent BG an email on the basis of your post. Thanks for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure