Can anything be done about CAPTCHA?

Comments

• Painkiller
    Painkiller Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Removing all hyperlinks from my thread before submitting it, then editing them back in once the thread has been posted seemed to prevent the CloudFlare reCaptcha from appearing for me.
  • The reason people are receiving the CAPTCHA pop up is because you are posting on the forum using a mobile service to access the internet and as mobile services encrypt your data you need to verify that you are a human because your encrypted data triggers the security on the website that prevents spam bots.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    The reason people are receiving the CAPTCHA pop up is because you are posting on the forum using a mobile service to access the internet and as mobile services encrypt your data you need to verify that you are a human because your encrypted data triggers the security on the website that prevents spam bots.

How then do you explain the fact that I have always used a mobile service to post and it is only in the last week Captcha has cropped up.
    Additionally it does so randomly and not on every post.
  • The reason people are receiving the CAPTCHA pop up is because you are posting on the forum using a mobile service to access the internet and as mobile services encrypt your data you need to verify that you are a human because your encrypted data triggers the security on the website that prevents spam bots.

I've had it at home on my laptop twice.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The reason people are receiving the CAPTCHA pop up is because you are posting on the forum using a mobile service to access the internet and as mobile services encrypt your data you need to verify that you are a human because your encrypted data triggers the security on the website that prevents spam bots.
    I always use my laptop, the same one I've used for around four years, with same internet connection. The CAPTCHA thing has been happening for around two weeks.
    Bulletproof
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I got it for the first time today - I had been feeling a bit left out ;)

The particularly annoying thing about my experience is that I got it several times in a row on the same post. It appeared each time I used "Preview Post" whilst I was formatting my post, and again when I finally submitted. Surely after confirming that I was not a robot once, I am unlikely to have turned into one in the next few seconds.

Unlike some others, it did not destroy my work. After passing the robot test the preview and the submission worked normally.

It may be of some interest that I got it when I had inadvertently left my User-Agent set as "mobile" - the normal setting is "desktop". (Many regulars on the Competitions Time forum utilise User-Agent add-ons for browsers to stop annoying videos from playing when entering certain comps).
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler

As I said in an earlier post, it occurred on my desktop - connected by ethernet - with Windows10 and Firefox
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Regular contributors are getting really fed up now. Changing the way links in posts open was a minor annoyance.

Cloudflare is driving users away.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's now a week since mse andrea responded and nothing has happened. If anything it's getting worse.

Like others, I've made absolutely no changes to my PC. This is definitely a mse issue.

I'm going to fill in another form and keep nagging away. Other than giving up on mse there seems to be no other option.
  • Just been trying to add a reply to a post, 3 times bloody captcha comes up, you pass the test and the page does not come back. Gave up. I wonder if people have given up and gone elsewhere.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure