Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D:D:D

2uynf2q.jpg

Awww look at them with hands up :A
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Discount / Code Stack > Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette 60ml was £50 now £36.00 + Free Premium Skincare Sample + Free C+C @ Boots (buy 2 for £61.20 with code + others in 2nd post
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/discount-code-stack-dior-sauvage-eau-de-toilette-60ml-was-50-now-36-free-premium-2494753
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2016 at 8:33PM
    mhoc wrote: »
    your sons are awful, I think worse than my gang at the moment - there must be some subtle ways by which we can retaliate against horrible children :rotfl:

tough love is def the way forward - they can't just ride rough shod over us

my youngest AKA errant son was out in Hong Kong for a year, which was bad enough, at least I was fairly calm about it. Over the last 2 years he has completely spent his savings and everything he earned travelling all over the Far East - when he was not in the HK then I was really worried about his personal safety. He now has a horrible GF, I dread to think how this is going to play out.
    He came back to the UK last month, went for an interview and now has a good job with an excellent company - I should be happy at least he is back in the UK even if its the other side of the country but I don't like where he lives - he decided to live in the cheapest nastiest most unsuitable bedsit ever.
    I email him or message him most days - usually the 'how is work' or 'what are you doing for dinner' or 'this us a good programme see if you can get it on iplayer' type of message but he totally ignores me - well I am used to being ignored so I just keep messaging :rotfl:

stick with it with son number 2 - our eldest nearly bankrupted us when she was at uni so he def needs to save him summer earnings. any laptop or computer he buys for uni will just get trashed or stolen so buying top of the range is a waste - and anyway the technology will have gone to another stage in another couple of years so anything he buys now will be out of date

youngest son you will really have to be tough with before things get worse.
    My youngest now owes me vast ammounts but before he went south I got him to set up a standing order so when he finally gets paid from the new job he will be paying me back every month. in fact I think I have been too lenient and when he does bother to actually talk to me I am going to get him to increase the ammount - it's me that will be bailing him out yet again as he won't get paid until late September

my middle son is doing OK at the mo - he is doing re training for the next year and it seems to be going OK so far - I was not happy about this but I have to lump it. There is a lot happening in his life now and we don't hear from him very much about his daily life - again I just have to lump it. He has though got a really fab GF so I just have to trust them to be adults

Eldest child and her BF are getting married next year and in the meantime they are trying to move back up north - she was our original wild child and we despaired of her on a daily basis but now she is our model child :)

Your right, tough love is needed.

I have to admit that DS3 is the best out of them all with money... he will save and then waste it, but he will buy a pint of milk when it is needed. He works long hours and also runs his own business. I wished the other two where like this! DS1 has had so much money recently, this is the reason I think i have had enough and the fact that DS2 stuffed up his degree so we are paying for him to do another degree (but he has to live at home).

I am going to tell him he needs to set up a DD for £100 a month to repay the debt and £50 a month board (i feel a little mean about board!). I am also telling DS1 that he can set up a direct debit for £50 a month. DS2 is not getting any cash unless he works for it!

I think I am going to be so unpopular!

I had wondered what had happened when he when to HK, I think that this was just after DS1 went to Myanmar. It is good he has come home. A few years ago DS1 had a horrid girl friend who would complain every time we contacted him, I really disliked her but kept reminding myself that one day she maybe the mother of my grandchildren... so pleased that this relationship ended. His new girlfriend is lovely. But sadly he is going to live on a boat in cambodia... there will not be much communication for a long while. It is flipping hard being a mum x
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    I finally found one:T

641CD531-EBDE-4469-AEDC-324B97D9FBFA_zpsppx050qd.jpg

My shop from earlier:)

Those Sure deodorants are tiny

A v S

0.08x Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (PER KG) £0.06 £0.06
    1x Russian Standard Vodka (70CL) £14.00 £11.00
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.12 N/A
    1x Heinz Tomato Ketchup (700G) £2.00 £2.00
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (PER KG) £0.06 £0.06
    1x Sure Women Cotton Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (50ML) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Mr Muscle Shower Cleaning Spray (500ML) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Golden Syrup (454G) £1.15 £1.15
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (EACH) £0.43 £0.50
    1x Barratt Flumps (12G) £0.10 £0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) £19.80 £16.87
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    :D:D:D

2uynf2q.jpg

The song is in my head:eek:

Looks great snap:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :o:o

It went far better than I expected. Well attended, I'm trying to thing of a collective word for a large group of Elsas.

We did have one Buzz Lightyear & a Woody :) but the majority were Elsas, Anas & Princesses

Elsa & Ana who were paid handsomely for 2 hours of entertainment arrived ¾ hour late & then disappeared after 1 hour :eek::eek: :(
    But the hour they did was entertaining
    We ran out of food :o:o
    160euec.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Your right, tough love is needed.

I have to admit that DS3 is the best out of them all with money... he will save and then waste it, but he will buy a pint of milk when it is needed. He works long hours and also runs his own business. I wished the other two where like this! DS1 has had so much money recently, this is the reason I think i have had enough and the fact that DS2 stuffed up his degree so we are paying for him to do another degree (but he has to live at home).

I am going to tell him he needs to set up a DD for £100 a month to repay the debt and £50 a month board (i feel a little mean about board!). I am also telling DS1 that he can set up a direct debit for £50 a month. DS2 is not getting any cash unless he works for it!

I think I am going to be so unpopular!

You might be unpopular SSM but it's the right thing to do......but will £50 even cover utilities....what about food?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    I'm trying to thing of a collective word for a large group of Elsas.

A freezer full of Elsas:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    :o:o

It went far better than I expected. Well attended, I'm trying to thing of a collective word for a large group of Elsas.

We did have one Buzz Lightyear & a Woody :) but the majority were Elsas, Anas & Princesses

Elsa & Ana who were paid handsomely for 2 hours of entertainment arrived ¾ hour late & then disappeared after 1 hour :eek::eek: :(
    But the hour they did was entertaining
    We ran out of food :o:o
    160euec.jpg

Snap, it looks wonderful. I am loving the lights on the ceiling and the crafty bottles of wine!! x
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks mhoc, juju, hornetgirl and qoc for your replies on my travel insurance question. I am edging towards the nationwide flex plus account but need to look into how much cover this is as hornetgirl says. So qoc how much did yours costs after the cashback from tcb? This type of moneysaving is out of my comfort zone! DS is better than me at this so I will ask him as well.
    A funny thing happened to me this week. I bought a new coolbag from asda's summer clearance for £1.00. Thought I would pack a healthy lunch for dd and I to take to town and have picnic in the park. Got sandwiches reduced to 20p from asda plus salad 10p, free coke zero and rtc fruit. Just before we got to park checked under buggy - no cool bag. Must have lost it on route from dd's house and m&s. Checked with all stores visited and route home - no luck. I just hope no one ate the contents and had a poorly tummy from out-of-date food! It really annoys me that I cant track it down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure