Samsung warranty washing machine

Bought a Samsung washing machine via Co-op Electrical website in May 2014. Paid with credit card. Machine once registered came with 5 year Parts and Labour guarantee.

Washing machine broke down last week so called Samsung on 22nd April. Got through to foreign call centre who logged call and gave me reference number. Said someone would call within 24-48 hours.
Waited 72 hours and no call. Called Samsung back and they gave me the number of local service engineer to call him directly. Phoned him and got his house! Someone answered who I assume was his wife and explained I was awaiting a call re a Samsung washing machine. She stated their had been a death in the family and they were behind with calls etc. At that point though the engineer took over the call and said he had a notification of the job and would be back in touch. That was 3 days ago. Still nothing. Phoned them back and get answer machine but says it is unable to take messages for now!?
Contacted Samsung again via online Live chat rather than deal with foreign call centre. Again could only advise someone will be in touch in due course. Called Co-op Electrical who said they would contact Samsung and be back in touch, of course "within 24-48 hours".

Not sure where I go next with this as I think waiting 7 days and not even have a date for the engineer visit yet is too long.
Do i have any re-course?

Comments

• cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You can't really go back to the CO OP and say that 7 days is too long to wait as you haven't really been waiting with them for 7 days. Your problem is you swapped between two companies so can't hold both of them responsible for each others failings. You either have to wait for the COOP to get back to you and go from there, or push harder with Samsung - you could try getting the credit card company involved as well?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Who is this 5 year guarantee with ??
  • albax694
    albax694 Posts: 10 Forumite
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Who is this 5 year guarantee with ??

5 year guarantee is with Samsung. Which is why I went to them first.
    I have only contacted Co-op as I bought the machine via them to see if they could be any help but im aware it should really just be a Samsung issue.

I was beginning to wonder if I can do a Section 75 claim via credit card where this would actually impact on Co-op though. Not sure if it applies here (Section 75)
  • albax694
    albax694 Posts: 10 Forumite
    cono1717 wrote: »
    You can't really go back to the CO OP and say that 7 days is too long to wait as you haven't really been waiting with them for 7 days. Your problem is you swapped between two companies so can't hold both of them responsible for each others failings. You either have to wait for the COOP to get back to you and go from there, or push harder with Samsung - you could try getting the credit card company involved as well?

I agree about the Co-op, just have got fed up with Samsung who don't seem to be responding
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    albax694 wrote: »
    5 year guarantee is with Samsung. Which is why I went to them first.
    I have only contacted Co-op as I bought the machine via them to see if they could be any help but im aware it should really just be a Samsung issue.

I was beginning to wonder if I can do a Section 75 claim via credit card where this would actually impact on Co-op though. Not sure if it applies here (Section 75)

You need to understand the different responsibilities these people have.

The only responsibility that Samsung have is in servicing the warranty.

The people who sold the thing to you, Co-op Electrical, have an ongoing responsibility and you have a statutory right to seek a remedy from them for up to six years following the sale.

Your credit card supplier has exactly the same responsibilities as the Co-op. A S75 claim is nothing to do with the five year manufacturer's warranty.

Have you read MSE's Consumer Rights guide?
    There's a link to it at the top of this page.

You might find MSE's Section 75 article useful too.
  • HI did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I purchased a Samsung eco bubble and the seal around the door has broken, I have contacted them on several occasions however they are saying it is my fault that the machine was" incorrectly loaded". I completely dispute this as it was not overloaded and the "UE" was not displayed.
    I have made a formal complaint and am currently waiting on a response however I am just so annoyed I have had to go to such lengths when I bought this machine specifically for the 5 year warranty.
    Would love to know if anyone else has had similar problems or has any advice on how to move forward for a resolution
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    HI did you ever get a resolution to your problem?
    "albax694" last logged into this site in April 2016.

I think you'll have to allow the manufacturer time to consider/ resolve your complaint.
  • , I have contacted them on several occasions however they are saying it is my fault that the machine was" incorrectly loaded". I completely dispute this as it was not overloaded and the "UE" was not displayed.

Did someone from Samsung actually look at the machine or was this a diagnosis made over the phone or internet?

"Incorrectly loaded" doesn't only mean that it was overloaded or unbalanced.
    If something that could damage the silicone seal (such as coins or keys) was put into the machine then this would probably qualify as being incorrectly loaded.
  • Hi, I had to send a picture of the machine which I did immediately which showed that a trouser leg had got tangled up in it, but it was just clothes no coins r anything. Don't even no how it managed to happen I could understand it if the machine was stuffed full and I had to force the door closed but I definately didn't.
    Should I go back to Curry's r just wait on Samsung?
  • If a trouser leg got tangled up with the seal and did the damage then it sounds as if the trouser leg wasn't fully in the drum before the door was closed and it got trapped between the door and the seal and if this is what happened, there would be no liability on either the retailer or manufacturer.

I realise that my guess as to what actually happened may be totally wrong and it's just my opinion.

How long have you had the washing machine?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure