Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Comments

• Specsavers_company_representative
    Specsavers_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Hi all,

Sorry for any confusion. Thank you wealdroam for pointing us in the right direction. We have contacted MSE and as you can see I have been confirmed as an official Specsavers representative. We created this profile to respond to as many queries as possible and offer a better service.

sublime2 it is understandable for you to be suspicious, but hopefully we have now allayed any fears you had. We need these details from you so we can pass on your message to our retail team who will get in contact with your local store.

Thanks

Rachel
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Specsavers. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Dear Rachael,

I would much prefer to have the contact details of the relevant person at Specsavers, to whom I may address my concerns.

Thank you.
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    OP...Suggest you escalate and complain to Doug Perkins, Specsavers Chief Executive, via sending him an email to [EMAIL="dougp@uk.specsavers.com"]dougp@uk.specsavers.com[/EMAIL].

Good luck and hope this helps.
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    sirmarcus wrote: »
    OP...Suggest you escalate and complain to Doug Perkins, Specsavers Chief Executive, via sending him an email to [EMAIL="dougp@uk.specsavers.com"]dougp@uk.specsavers.com[/EMAIL].

Good luck and hope this helps.

....are you sure, or are you giving a wrong email address yet again?
  • Specsavers_company_representative
    Specsavers_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    sublime2 you need to fill out this form https://www.specsavers.co.uk/help/contact-us/ and one of our representatives will give you a call.

Thanks

Rachel
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Specsavers. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TheMiner
    TheMiner Posts: 619 Forumite
    Hi sublime2

Just wondering which store? Speccy's can be very hit-and-miss I think. I might be able to pick out a better store (Mrs Miner works there :))
    £5k+ since Jul 2008.
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    IRO your blurred vision with your trial lenses - I had a pair last month of which one was so dirty it could not be cleaned - I cleaned it but immediately it was blurred again. Looking at it, it was opaque at the bottom where it bends (if that makes sense). The other was okay, so I am guessing it was a faulty lens. Maybe you had a faulty one>
  • Tom_Jones
    Tom_Jones Posts: 1,562
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 1 February 2011 at 5:43PM
    sublime2 wrote: »
    I booked and paid for a contact lens consultation, as I wished to purchase better quality lenses. I was given a trial pair of lenses. When I put these on, immediately my vision was seriously blurred. Nonetheless, (pre-empting the optometrist’s comment that I’d not given the lenses a chance) the next day I wore these lenses again and my vision was still blurred. One week later, when I saw the optometrist again, I told her that I suspected the lenses must have been wrongly packaged. She told me that I was just not compatible with the lenses and told me I had to revert to use of my old type of lenses.

When I returned to the store to order more supplies of my old type of lenses, another member of staff asked what had happened with my trial lenses. I explained and she told me that the optometrist I had seen was wrong to tell me to revert to my old type of lenses and should have explored other lens options, since there are a range of lenses they can offer. For this reason, I was offered a follow-up appointment and was informed that this would be at no extra cost.

I was seen by someone else at the follow-up. I requested that I try the same type of trial lenses again since I suspect the first pair was faulty/ incorrectly packaged. The woman was reluctant to offer the same type (she insisted these lenses were incompatible) but I insisted I have these. She agreed. I was right – the lenses were comfortable!

However, the staff failed to offer me a follow-up appointment (I sensed because I disagreed with their diagnosis). I decided I had had enough of this poor service and tried to buy lenses from elsewhere but they wanted a contact lens prescription. Specsavers refuse to give me this prescription as I’ve not completed a full contact lens consultation. They want me to buy a pair of lenses to trial before they are willing to give me a prescription. However, I do not see it fair that I be penalised for the first trial pair being faulty and for the staff’s failure to book me in for a follow-up. I would like to get a refund as I did not get the service I paid for.

You need to go to specsavers to be able to read this :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:a bit small

Specsavers like Kwik fit are one of about five companies I'd love to see go bankrupt, awful firm.
  • Their head office telephone number is 08452020241

This is were customer service dept can be contacted.

Good luck all you will need it with these bunch of unhelpfully idiots.
  • greigster
    greigster Posts: 80 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2011 at 10:23PM
    Specsavers at Lowestoft seem to be shooting themselves in the foot. I have been with them for 3 years now and due to family health problems I have to have an eye test every year. Both myself and my daughter had an appointment booked this week but on the morning of my daughters appointment, both she and her 1 year old son had streaming colds. She phoned Lowestoft Specsavers as soon as they opened to cancel her appointment only to be put on hold for several minutes finally to be told that she would be charged £10 for missing her appointment, maybe she should have carted both herself and her baby down to Specsavers at Lowestoft and shared their cold germ with the staff and customers.
    My appointment was the following day at 12 noon, I was 5 minutes early and was greeted by the receptionist but only after she had finished her conversation with another member of staff. I was asked to take a seat with the other dozen or so customers where I waited for about 20 minutes before my name was called. An optical assistant took me to a desk where she filled in some details on an NHS form and asked me to sign. I then was taken to a room where two tests were carried out on my eyes, I was again asked to go to the waiting area.
    After about 45 minutes I was called by the optician and given a thorough test. The optician was very professional and took time to explain everything to me and after my examination he asked me to go back to the waiting area for a peripheral vision test to be carried out by one of the optical assistants. Whilst waiting, I sat next to a retired gentleman with a walking stick who told me he had been waiting 1hour 50 minutes. As we both sat watching, the optical assistants would go to the rack where the patients notes and records were stacked in order, they would then sift through and would take them from the middle of the pile rather than the next one in line (if you are going to cheat your customers, at least be bright enough to make sure that you are not being watched). After another 30 minutes of zero contact,(about two and a half hours in total), I walked out of the shop with my prescription and will purchase my glasses elsewhere. I think that the whole time I was in the shop apart from the time I was with the optician, the only words spoken to me was "put your chin on the pad and look at the green spot" but it was twice as there was two machines. The shop staff seem to have a surly, couldn't care less attitude towards their customers. What a shame that the trained optician`s professional attitude during my examination is badly let down by the lack of customer care shown towards the customers by the shop staff. I purchase two pairs of glasses each year and my daughter was coming to Specsavers of Lowestoft after moving to this area, but of course we will both be voting with our feet, neither of us will go back to this shop. I wonder it the holder of the Specsavers of Lowestoft franchise realises that the unprofessional treatment towards customers by this dreadful staff attitude is losing him money.
    Shame...Should have gone to Boots.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport