PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• winniepooh
    winniepooh Posts: 943 Forumite
    Ive got the blender and processor they go on the top but at the rear. Its the top front one not working. I can still get all the attachments I checked with kenwood before I got the chef
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Carrot cake and lemon cupcakes today :) Kenny is earning his keep! haha

Aww you call yours Kenny too :D Hubby thinks i'm mad lol. Mind you we also have Hoover Bill and Washer Will :o

My Kenny has mixed a dundee cake, tea loaf and pizza dough today.

K xx
  • Yes, as Nicki said K Beater.

I've never been very good at making pastry by hand (hands too hot perhaps?) but it comes out perfect every time now I use my boy.

I have some 00 flour I found in the cupboard that I've been using to make shortcrust, oh my, the pastry is so silky smooth and a wonderful colour.

Recipe for the pastry please peachy. I am rubbish a pastry making and always buy it ready made and rolled if I ever needed it. Making perfect pastry has always eluded me, so if Kenny can make it for me I will be very inpressed!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I got it from the book that came with my Kenny, works a treat:

175g plain flour
    85g butter/marge (I've also done 50/50 butter and trex)
    2-3 tbs cold water
    pinch of salt

Put flour salt & butter in bowl, mix on 2 until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
    slowly pour the water in 1tbs at a time whilse the k beater is turning on 1
    carry on until it starts to form a dough
    Turn out and shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm, refrigerate for 30 mins

If you want sweet pastry add 2-3 tsp of caster sugar at the breadcrumb stage.

It makes 250g pastry which I found is enough to fill a 12 hole cupcake tin with bottoms only, which is all I've used it for, book says it's enough for a 20-23cm flan case.

It really is very quick and easy.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got it from the book that came with my Kenny, works a treat:

I think I should have a proper look in that book. I forgot I had it before I asked about making pastry :o
  • Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Justamum wrote: »
    I think I should have a proper look in that book. I forgot I had it before I asked about making pastry :o

The book that came with the Kenny is FAB! Its really good :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • I got it from the book that came with my Kenny, works a treat:

175g plain flour
    85g butter/marge (I've also done 50/50 butter and trex)
    2-3 tbs cold water
    pinch of salt

Put flour salt & butter in bowl, mix on 2 until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
    slowly pour the water in 1tbs at a time whilse the k beater is turning on 1
    carry on until it starts to form a dough
    Turn out and shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm, refrigerate for 30 mins

If you want sweet pastry add 2-3 tsp of caster sugar at the breadcrumb stage.

It makes 250g pastry which I found is enough to fill a 12 hole cupcake tin with bottoms only, which is all I've used it for, book says it's enough for a 20-23cm flan case.

It really is very quick and easy.

Thanks peachy. I have to say, the book I got with my Kmix is very disappointing for a new owner. I was looking for basic recipes, hints and tips for a new user and any other useful info. All I got was a few recipes that needed loads of ingredients and they assumed that you knew how long to mix for and at what speed. When you buy something as expensive as a Kenwood you expect the gubbins that go with it to be pretty comprehensive.

Will try making the pastry at the weekend. :)
  • Rossy2692
    Thanks peachy. I have to say, the book I got with my Kmix is very disappointing for a new owner. I was looking for basic recipes, hints and tips for a new user and any other useful info. All I got was a few recipes that needed loads of ingredients and they assumed that you knew how long to mix for and at what speed. When you buy something as expensive as a Kenwood you expect the gubbins that go with it to be pretty comprehensive.

Will try making the pastry at the weekend. :)
    https://www.kenwoodchefrestore.co.uk/shop/Kenwood-Chef-Recipes-Book

This is the book that came with my £179 bargain :) Its a really informative book :j

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • winniepooh
    winniepooh Posts: 943 Forumite
    ive got quite a few attachments with mine. Ive worked out most of them now. going to use the mincer at the weekend but what the best cut of meat to use?

im going to try the cream maker at the weekend too. sounds interesting. Has anyone else tried it?
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Rossy2692
    I do think i am going to order a plastic bowl as the stell bowl has a habit of cutting my fingers, it is quite sharp underneath :/

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure