pack king prawns
    small veg stew

breadcrumbs
    2 crusts saving for bread pudding
    tarragon
    parmesan

3 hm spicy parsnip soup
    3 pizza
    3 wraps using one for lunch with a celery onion and cheese filling again as it was so tasty yesterday
    1 hm tomato soup
    small hm mushroom quiche taken out for other half when he gets home as a snack
    3 hm turkey soup

2x blackberries
    6x 2 portion raspberries
    2x 2litre packs raspberries
    1x rhubarb

2 litres vanilla ice cream

large bag veg mix
    2 x bags of petite pois

Been out this morning and spent £5.05 on two bags of frozen peas as they were on offer and i have room,one bramley,sweet and sour sauce and some oats.

I have done a meal plan for the rest of the week and dont think I will need anything else for main meals,think bread will be ok and so will just need some milk at the end of the week so envisage at least 4 NSD's this week.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Frogletina wrote: »
    Hi Kirri

I was going to ask about ginger, but the crystallised ginger.

I have just been given some as I love ginger, but not used it in this form. What do you usually make with it please?

I use this sort of ginger in cakes and biscuits if thats any help.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lynny, very inspiring cooking/use of ingredients there! Cheesecake is on my to do list..

and yes I have too much, I need to be inventive being veggie but still have more than I need.. probably why I managed to spend just over £1700 on food last year :eek:
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Kirri wrote: »
    Which supermarket do you see it reduced in?

Only ever bought it reduced in Sainsbury's (30p was cheapest).

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2012 at 3:05PM
    Right, heres my list just a copy and paste jobby, since i have been keeping track via note pad anyway, there is just me, here goes.

24th dec
    2 chicken breasts
    4 salmon fillets
    salmon trimmings
    pork joint
    large beef joint
    southern fried chicken strips
    4 packs of sausages
    2 cod fillets
    chicken kiev
    beef mince
    cod cakes x 1
    bacon 4 slices
    5 slices of ham
    chunk of ham
    frying steak
    guyere cheese puff

Cooked meals
    1 pasta chicken bake
    Half rotisserie chicken
    cup of enchilada chicken
    1 potato and tom pot
    x2 paella pots
    chicken pie
    Misc
    2 rolls of puff pastry sheets
    pumpkin
    curly fries
    broccoli portion
    chips
    Pitta pockets
    baguette
    4 scones
    milk
    pancake
    Square wraps
    1 PACKS OF 4 SLICES OF BREAD
    2 mixed veg
    par boiled potatos
    utterly butterly
    tub of chopped peppers

USED STUFF
    chicken Mini Fillets
    2 salmon cake
    Half hovis loaf
    Some mixed veg
    some curly fries
    1 square wrap
    chilli mince
    2 chicken breasts
    sliced bread
    Slice of salmon quarter
    pack of sausages
    2 chicken legs
    6 chicken skinless thighs

I marinaded the chicken thighs and legs yesterday, so will cook them today, they are marinading in levi roots bbq jerk sauce, gonna have that with egg fried rice and some veg, rest will do for lunches, had the last of steamed salmon, rice and veg for lunch just now, still have 3 sweet chilli sausages left, so will have 1 with a bit of chicken for dinner, remainding 2 will go for lunches with the chicken and rice, sorted until the end of the week.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • i am soooooooooo desperate to do a stock list...however, cobby thinks it a waste of his time....will have to get him in a good mood....
    all i know is that it is full to the brim....
    we had a chest freezer which was impossible for me to use as i cant bend down to get into it, and now have a side by side fridge/freezer which you can see more of what you have...
    need to have a good freezer meal week because i am desperate to go out, and apparently at morrisons they mark everything down really cheap about 9pm.
    so, im due an outing lol!! think that by the weekend i will have cleared enough to stock up on some more bargains.
    dont forget the chicken breasts at alsi. 6.99 for a kilo. had them saturday night and they were lovely.
    my career now that im stuck at home is to save my hubby as much as i possibly can! it certainly gives me a purpose!
    :T:T:T
  • OMG Kirri - you have an amazing stock!! I am jealous!!

My freezer is still full but I am running low on the stuff that the kids will eat...

Yesterday managed to only spend £2.36 on 2 4 pinters of milk, and today will be a NSD:j(don't know why I'm so happy it is enforced due to fees due being late!! - being self employed can be a pain)

Last night when Sherlock came on the kids were moaning because we had nothing in to eat (we did but you get the idea....) - We hadn't had much tea as no-one had been that hungry so I went out into the kitchen and made us a TV snack thing of a French Bread Pizza, packet of sausages in bacon bought at Christmas, some oven chips and chicken nuggetts. We were all too full to eat it all but they enjoyed it!

Today was toast for breakfast (hm bread) and lunch for kids was packed lunch of turkey and cranberry sandwiches and I had five fish fingers (just on their own!). Tea tonight will be chilli for me and DD2 and corned beef hash for DD1, who hates chilli. Afters will be an Aunt Bessies Apple pie bought when on offer for £1 before Christmas, or a hm blackberry crumble frozen a couple of months ago with a bit of ice cream.

If my fees don't arrive tomorrow then I will have to have another NSD - I still have plenty of bread flour and there is milk and eggs so it should be okay, and I still have loads of my hm butter which I made from 17p creams the other night!!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • OMG Kirri - you have an amazing stock!! I am jealous!!

My freezer is still full but I am running low on the stuff that the kids will eat...

Yesterday managed to only spend £2.36 on 2 4 pinters of milk, and today will be a NSD:j(don't know why I'm so happy it is enforced due to fees due being late!! - being self employed can be a pain)

Last night when Sherlock came on the kids were moaning because we had nothing in to eat (we did but you get the idea....) - We hadn't had much tea as no-one had been that hungry so I went out into the kitchen and made us a TV snack thing of a French Bread Pizza, packet of sausages in bacon bought at Christmas, some oven chips and chicken nuggetts. We were all too full to eat it all but they enjoyed it!

Today was toast for breakfast (hm bread) and lunch for kids was packed lunch of turkey and cranberry sandwiches and I had five fish fingers (just on their own!). Tea tonight will be chilli for me and DD2 and corned beef hash for DD1, who hates chilli. Afters will be an Aunt Bessies Apple pie bought when on offer for £1 before Christmas, or a hm blackberry crumble frozen a couple of months ago with a bit of ice cream.

If my fees don't arrive tomorrow then I will have to have another NSD - I still have plenty of bread flour and there is milk and eggs so it should be okay, and I still have loads of my hm butter which I made from 17p creams the other night!!

make the kids some drop scones.. top with anything you have in the cupboaqrd..jam. chocolate spread. peanut butter and chocolate spread!!
    heres a quick recipe. just make it any old how. heat a heavy frying pan or a griddle if you have one, then plop the batter on when hot in scone sizes and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. sounds like you have what you need to make them
    • 125 g (4 1⁄2 oz) self-raising flour
    • 2 tsp caster sugar
    • 1 egg, beaten
    • 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
    • 150 ml (5 fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
    • 4 tsp sunflower oil
    • report back!!:T:T
  • tracey12_2
    tracey12_2 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Lynsey wrote: »
    I wish I had some gammon jojo.
    Have you tried Viking gammon??

Grill gammon steaks, and once cooked coat one side with honey, top with grated cheese and sliced tomato. Grill or bake until cheese has melted. I do this in a pyrex dish to save the jucies and pour them over the gammon. Other variations and you could leave out the honey.

Lovely jubbly.

Lynsey

Hi Lynsey

I tried your recipe tonight and it was delish :T

Thanks very much

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • Barneysmom wrote: »
    Yep.

My pledge.

I will not buy any more meat or fish (apart from sausage and bacon for weekend breakfast) until we have only one drawer half full left to eat.

I'm going to join you. And it's not just the freezer, my pantry is stuffed with random grains that sounded good like cous cous, lentils, quinoi. I've got loads of random sugars that sounded good like fructose and Xenotil or some such thing then didn't use it. About 10 tins of baked beans. 8 tins of tuna.

I can't even tell you the amount of nuts and dried fruits I've got left over from christmas cakes.

Food for an army? For sure. I shouldn't need to buy much until March!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure