Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    This week is going too fast......boo.....hiss :D

Today
    * £49.25 on stocking up groceries and offers and payday treats :o
    * VO survey
    * 2 PA surveys
    * £1.75 sweep into FD savings account
    * £1.31 sweep into my overpayments account
    * Meter readings done. I'm sure I only did these recently but I had an email from the energy company asking for them
    * Found a penny in my work bag and £1.85 in my jacket pocket so it's gone in my tin :T

Me and friend want to go away for a night, although I've been reluctant to spend any money on things like this. Some people (family and a friend) have been saying that I do need to treat myself too, as well as pay off my CC's. I don't know, maybe they're right, it can't all be about debts. I don't think they know how desperate I am to be debt free and a real treat for me would be no debt! So, I'll have a night away, but as ever, it will mse style! I found a Pr3mier Inn where we want to go which would have been £38 including breakfast. But my friend wants more of a spa experience seeing as she has a pass away from the kids and her husband!

I checked the spa not far from me but it's £205 for the night with breakfast, lunch and dinner but no treatments :eek: Hmmmm. I feel a bit bad but I've looked up the place where my friend is having her hen do next month (where I'm only going for the meal due to lack of funds) and it's actually a really good deal. But I can't do both so I'll keep quiet at the hen do that I'll be going there the following month with my friend. It'll be £84.50 each for bed, breakfast, evening meal and £35 worth of treatments. Plus if I book it online I can get 8.4% cashback which I might just keep quiet about. Is that terrible? I'll get my friend a drink......as long as it's tap water :rotfl::D

I've had a bit of free mortgage advice and they've said I should stick with Nati0nwide, which makes thing a lot easier. I've booked an appointment for the end of Feb to go over things as my current deal doesn't run out until the end of April. I'm hoping I'll be able to save about £60 per month! :j On the phone I asked about the possibility of borrowing an extra £2000 to pay off some of my credit card but it's a no go. It has to be a minimum of £5k for house improvements or £10k for the other reasons but I don't want that much.

I know that my job will hopefully be history by this time next year and having some savings (borrowed from the mortgage or saved by only paying minimum CC amounts) is probably sensible but I'm worried I'd still have debt but feel, oh its ok, I have savings, no need to worry. Then I'll be out of work but exactly where I was a few months ago with over £6k of debt and years ahead of me paying it off or maybe even having to go on a dmp. To me that's the worst outcome so I'd rather have no debts and minimum outgoings but the motivation to get any old job to survive. In a way I'm glad its not an option to borrow on my mortgage, I have to clear these debts myself. No guts no glory! :cool:;)

There's a lot whizzing round in my head tonight. Its keeping that little pea brain company :rotfl:
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Orange_Ena
    Evening :)

Today
    * £85 for a pair of glasses and sunglasses. I had my eye test last March and my prescription changed but I never got round to getting new glasses so a very necessary spend. Partly budgeted for
    * A lovely facial which was a real treat, all budgeted for :T
    * Paid the last £135 to Barclayc@rd :j I decided I just couldn't wait until the payment went out by direct debit on the 4th. I rang to cancel the card but they've offered me 6 months interest free on purchases so I've kept it for now incase I desperately need any house stuff in that time (while I build more of an emergency fund) but I've reduced the limit from £5800 to £750. Feels so good, I tell ya! :D
    * Paid the cheque in I received from my dad and money transferred to my house renovation account
    * £1.75 sweep into my overpayments account
    * 205SB earned
    * 2 PA surveys, reached £20.44 so that has been requested and will be transferred to my overpayments account when it comes through
    * VO survey
    * Signed up for I-S@y and P0pulusLive. I'm a sucker for surveys.......:rotfl:

I've relaxed a lot today and even read some of my book. All my plans for cracking on with decluttering and getting quotes for house stuff on my week off seem to have been forgotten about. Well, I suppose this is my Christmas break I didn't get due to my 2nd job :D:)
  • Orange_Ena
    Evening!

Today
    * NSD
    * P0pulusLive survey
    * 3 PA surveys
    * £20.44 received from PA and transferred to my overpayments account
    * £10 received from Sw@gbucks and transferred to my overpayments account!

I've been quite productive today which I'm amazed at seeing as I've hardly slept. I didn't nod off until at least 2.30am then my cat came in at 4am and he sat on top of me. I moved him and again he sat on me. Normally he's pretty respectful and waits till I'm at least stirring before he makes his presence known :D But either my lack of sleep or wild imagination due to last night's cheese consumption I convinced myself my cat was trying to warn me I was in danger :eek: Maybe my house was on fire? Maybe someone had broken in?

I got up to go to the loo, and there was no smoke or fire. Phew. But then I heard a noise downstairs :eek: I grabbed my phone and typed 99 in ready to press the final 9 as I got downstairs. I decided not to creep down but to charge down like an elephant, as quietly as I could for someone who lives in a mid terrace. To my utter relief, there was nobody there :T

I gave my cat a few biscuits as a reward for him guarding me and then I realised I'd been had. There was no fire, there was no burglar. There was just one hungry, manipulative cat :rotfl:

I spent the rest of the night on the sofa with the lights and TV, trying to sleep and not let my imagination run away with me. Utterly ridiculous :D

But anyway, I've been through all my clothes and tried everything on and I have quite a pile to be either eb@yed, chucked or sold by the kilo. I've even sorted my undies drawer and thrown loads away that are too big. I did wonder if I should donate them to be used as tents but thought better of it :rotfl::p

All my bills and paperwork has been filed and my shredding is up to date :j

It's my last day off tomorrow, I've still got the weekend but I love being off in the week when everyone else is at work ;):D Hopefully I'll be as productive as today but I suspect I won't :rotfl:
  • Hi Ena, just took a look at your diary after you were kind enough to drop by mine! You're doing amazingly well aren't you!? Keep it up (or is it down with debt? I don't know!)

Anyway, I've subscribed!! Look forward to your updates!
    Overall Goal: Debt Free by 2019:
    Total Debt on Jan 1st 2016 £36415Amount paid off so far: £0
    Amount remaining to pay off: £36415
  • :rotfl: - I love how cats are just the smartest creatures ever... They know how to get your attention that's for sure...
  • Orange Ena you are funny. :rotfl: The story of the cat and the suspected burglary had me chuckling as i read it on my phone on my commute. The charging and startling a potential attacker is a plan that may require rethinking but I love it anyway

I'm off during the week when everyone else is at work on a regular basis and like you I love it

You are a hive of activity at the moment

Have a good weekend
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Hi Ena, just took a look at your diary after you were kind enough to drop by mine! You're doing amazingly well aren't you!? Keep it up (or is it down with debt? I don't know!)

Anyway, I've subscribed!! Look forward to your updates!

Ah thanks for dropping in. I'm definitely getting there I think, got to keep going to the bitter end now :D Haha we'll keep it up and once it's gone, we'll keep it down :)
  • Orange_Ena
    :rotfl: - I love how cats are just the smartest creatures ever... They know how to get your attention that's for sure...

They certainly do. My cat always looks at me with total disdain and indifference but I can't help loving him for it :D
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange Ena you are funny. :rotfl: The story of the cat and the suspected burglary had me chuckling as i read it on my phone on my commute. The charging and startling a potential attacker is a plan that may require rethinking but I love it anyway

I'm off during the week when everyone else is at work on a regular basis and like you I love it

You are a hive of activity at the moment

Have a good weekend
    DIA x

Haha thank you. Yeah I'm not quite sure what I was thinking with the charging down......must have thought I was a warrior in battle or something :D Still, I'm glad a potential burglar didn't see me in my tartan pyjamas with my cat sleep mask on my head :rotfl:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend too x
  • Orange_Ena
    One sad lonely day off before I return to work :( The Sunday night doom feeling has set in already. Aaargh I've never wanted to break my arm so much :p;)

Friday
    * £35.19 on groceries and a few household bits that I was running out of
    * £1.01 sweep into my FD savings account
    * PA survey
    * Youg0v survey
    * 75SB earned

Today
    * NSD - didn't go out :D
    * VO survey
    * PA survey
    * 3 measly SB earned :p
    * Finished reading my book.....The Art of Being Normal. Thumbs up from me!
    * Found some more shredding and blitzed it
    * Finished clearing the spare room of excess stuff and put it in my bedroom cupboard. The only things in there are the bed (need to get the stuff from under it out) a hanging rail with clothes on it and a chair. It's almost ready for decorating but first I need to get someone to put an extra double socket in and for new skirting boards to be attached

Night :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family