Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Comments

• SallyA_2
    SallyA_2 Posts: 370 Forumite
    Hi all,
    Can I ask a quick question if you dont mind...i am really struggling in putting the comps in date order and I have followed all the help guides and seem to be getting nowhere, Purlease help me.

I change the sorting to Thread Title & Ascending as per instructions and it brings the comps up, but then i start working them and I notice that it goes from
    15/03
    15/04
    15/05 how do I stop it doing this so I can just do March(/03) comps and leave the april, may etc ones for later???

Also, if I was to work say 50 pages, how do I know if some more comps have been added to those pages that i've already worked.

I would be so so so grateful for some help, thanks guys, you're brill! xxx
  • EnglishWelshie
    EnglishWelshie Posts: 3,258 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have read a lot on here of people having problems with the whats on tv comps. I have been using Firefox and have found that when logging in if the save login details are left unticked I no longer have any problems entering any of the comps. This may be the same when using internet explorer but I haven't tried that yet as I don't want to delete all my IE cookies. Hope this may help anyone having problems with whats on tv comps.
    Have also posted on comps discussion thread as I wasn't sure where to post.
  • O.W.E.I
    O.W.E.I Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm having a real thick day.

I'm trying to change from entering the ones ending tomorrow to comps just posted, so I've got them covered and can forget about them.

I've read the guide over and over again, but I can't work out how to sort so the just posted come up in order on the first page???

Agggghhhhh!!!!

Can anyone explain to an idiot how to do this please?
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    O.W.E.I wrote: »
    I'm having a real thick day.

I'm trying to change from entering the ones ending tomorrow to comps just posted, so I've got them covered and can forget about them.

I've read the guide over and over again, but I can't work out how to sort so the just posted come up in order on the first page???

Agggghhhhh!!!!

Can anyone explain to an idiot how to do this please?

Scroll down to the bottom of the forum to the "display options". From the drop down menu select sorted by "thread start time"
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
  • O.W.E.I
    Thanks for that!

Does a post in bold mean it's new?
  • O.W.E.I
    Thanks to you both.

I'm having a really thicky day today!
  • I don't know if this will help you but i tend to subscribe to comps i've entered so i get a little tick next to it. I can then see what comps i've entered with a quick glance
    Jan-Sept: Prizes worth £2248
    October:
    QXZ
  • thatsfabulous
    thatsfabulous Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    Ive heared lots of people talk about Roboform when entering comps and I can see how it would make things quicker. Is this application free?
    Does anyone please have a link to an application which I could use?

Thank you.
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Ive heared lots of people talk about Roboform when entering comps and I can see how it would make things quicker. Is this application free?
    Does anyone please have a link to an application which I could use?

Thank you.

https://www.roboform.com/download

I use the free version but others pay - sorry dont know how much - so they can have more stored passwords/identities/log ins.

I find the free one works fine for me, and I also use firefox which saves passwords too

Hope that helps
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • HGLTsuperstar
    HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    Great guide, have won some bits and bobs myself but now going to get serious.
    Just tried using Robofom for the first time - very impressed!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure