TMPP Total Mortgage Protection Policy Poser!!

Hi learned friends,

I am sure this has been mentioned many times but as i am new to site not sure what the guidance is so would appreciate some if possible please.

For what ever reason i have only just realized there was an insurance payment coming out of my account for TMPP and has been for "5" Years after jogging my memory I can vaguely remember being pressurized by Halifax into taking it or it effecting our ongoing mortgage when an endowment was cashed. They virtually said it was a must to cover the mortgage. To add to this it was for JOINT mortgage holders of which my partner and myself have not been together for 4 years and I have not been living in the house

So the first question is...

Is this or was this miss selling and can it be claimed back and if so where from ?

The second issue is that I have not had a mortgage for 18 months as it was finally paid for and the mortgage given to my ex partner and her other half.

So my second question.... What about this 18months of payment when i was not even in the house or had a mortgage and had no requirement for the insurance, surely the halifax who insisted on it originally should have informed me or at least stopped it ?

Any advise gratefully recieved

Alan

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's up to you to inform them of your change of circumstance.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    5 years ago the PPI mis-selling complaints were hotting up and bank were selling PPI very carefully so I doubt you were told you had to have it nor will there be any evidence you were told this. The PPI was displayed as optional on your Key Facts, application form and mortgage offer.

The insurance still covers you so its up to you cancel it if you no longer want it. You may have a mortgage elsewhere it may provide cover for, they dont hold a crystal ball. Bank cant just go canceling peoples insurance cover as the person have moved, its a ridiculous suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure