That was scary; now to tackle the remaining mortgage

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Sleepyhead for the sound advice, have written to them for an answer in black and white but you're right it is a complete faff and very hard to get a straight answer about how their system of 10% overpayment rolling on an annual basis works. My local branch is easily confused too so can't rely on them for any sensible help :p. What I don't want to do is trigger an early repayment penalty as we're 2 years into a 5 year fixed mortgage so its still a big penalty :eek:.

Am now a sleepyhead myself so night, night all, sleep tight x
  • teapot2
    Still not been able to try out new lawnmower as its rained everyday and is forecast to do that right through to next week, mind you the rain hasn't half made the grass grow :-(

Had a NSD today, spent much of the day avoiding writing a report for one of my jobs - having a review tomorrow so as usual I am last minute.com but did get there in the end after much procrastination :rotfl:even cleaned the wet room to avoid writing :rotfl:

Made some fridge bottom soup which will do lunch for another couple of days - spicy potato, spinach and lentil, yum. Made pasta with smoked salmon for tea, one of my occasional treats, double yum.

OH still not feeling 100%, has a nasty cough now, hope its not going into his chest.
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Smoked salmon (we get the value trimmings) and pasta are two of the things my fussy ds will eat. I've been wondering about cooking something containing both. Could you share your recipe, please, teapot2?
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • firesidemaid
    firesidemaid Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Hi there.

I've just found your diary also - was good to set my old MFi3 buddies, galley and tall girls paying you a visit also:D.

lots of things you say/do ring true. i was very happy to find 6p in the park the other day!

we are just about to dip below 65k, but am really looking towards sub-60 so it starts with a 5!
  • teapot2
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Smoked salmon (we get the value trimmings) and pasta are two of the things my fussy ds will eat. I've been wondering about cooking something containing both. Could you share your recipe, please, teapot2?

Hi Lois, oh dear a fussy eater - difficult. Hope your ds likes cream cheese as thats the other main ingredient? This is a Philadelphia recipe but you can use any cream cheese I think and it seems to work fine. Its so quick I usually get all the ingreds ready first.

Cook pasta and drain, in the warm pan add 100ml milk and 120g or a couple of big dollops of cream cheese, if you have the chive one it adds flavour or just chop a few herbs in if ds approves! Stir it until the cheese melts and then put the pasta back in and fold in the smoked salmon, season to taste tho it never needs salt - delish. Hope he will like it and its so quick to make. Would he eat something like salmon fish cakes?
  • teapot2
    Hi there.

I've just found your diary also - was good to set my old MFi3 buddies, galley and tall girls paying you a visit also:D.

lots of things you say/do ring true. i was very happy to find 6p in the park the other day!

we are just about to dip below 65k, but am really looking towards sub-60 so it starts with a 5!

Hi Firesidemaid, thanks for posting, good to hear from you, am doing the MFin3 take 2 and it really helps me to keep on track. When I find a 2p or 5p on the ground I always pick it up unless its too near dog poo etc :eek: and think to myself, that'll knock a few more seconds or minutes off the mortgage :rotfl:

Good luck with getting to sub £60,000, its a very satisfying feeling to be in the next 'category' down.
  • firesidemaid
    firesidemaid Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Got a annual statement from Eon today to say i have an £109 refund coming my way - guess where that's going?;)
  • teapot2
    Thats a result tho it annoys me when utility companies get to keep 'our' money and make more money on it before giving it back grrrr.
  • teapot2
    Well, fairly quiet weekend, nice evening out on Friday which was an exhibition opening so drinks and nibbles provided - NSE ;).

The weather hasn't been great up here - today was quite chilly and we had to put the heating on for a short burst a couple of times just to take the chill off. Also had lots of rain unlike other parts of the country that really need it so still not been able to try the lawn mower.

Got some meals planned for next week and cooked a smoked sausage casserole for OH, its easy to make and I just put in whatever beans and veg we have around and he can have it with mash or as an accompanyment to a chop etc.

Going to make some sandwiches to take to work tomo in a mo and then watch a bit of telly and chill I hope. Saw some Eurovision last night but couldn't bear to watch it all - small doses is enough ;).

Completely off topic but was using pumice stone to get a bit of hard skin off my foot in the shower tonight and thought about those fish that nibble your feet. Has anyone tried it - am not in the least tempted and feel sorry for the fish - and what happens if they are not hungry :eek:? It was on my mind because last week went to get OH's birthday pressie in a 'mall' and there used to be a chinese herbal shop but its gone and one of those fish nibbling set ups is in its place, I was fascinated and a bit grossed out at the same time :rotfl:.

Anyway, back to MFW business - still not heard back from the Halifax re overpayments so will have to get on to them again if I don't hear soon.

Hope everyone has a good week, Teapot X
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Completely off topic but was using pumice stone to get a bit of hard skin off my foot in the shower tonight and thought about those fish that nibble your feet.
    One's just opened near us too - I can't imagine the fish have much fun really. Perhaps they don't get fed anything else?
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family