Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Hello and welcome to another shiny new thread for all followers of Slimming World.

The Original and Green plans are still going strong but most people may well have heard of the new Extra Easy plan which is sweeping through the land :) If you've ever wondered if it works, I promise you it does. If you've ever wondered how it works - well the science confuses me, but I would just say to trust the experts at SW, they wouldn't send you on the wrong path.

If you fancy having a go at it, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish and all the Superfree food – is totally Free on Extra Easy! Yes, you can eat unlimited meat, potatoes and veg, fish, chips and mushy peas, and chicken curry and rice with no measuring, no weighing, no counting – no kidding!
And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Superfree Food!
2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.
3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

And if the Syn values for Green and Original foods are different on the standard Syns lists, count the lower one!

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check………
1.Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2.Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3.Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4.Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5.Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Superfree Foods to half of your plate

OR

B: switch to more Speed Foods

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!
I let my mind wander and it never came back!

Comments

• whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Hiya consultant31 :D I've only been doing this 3 weeks and I don't understand the science of it but it's working so I don't care. It has to be the easiest plan I've ever been on. Took me a week to mentally shake off the weight watchers points, I kept comparing the two plans as have been going back to WW on and off for years. Wish I had tried SW first!
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • Just weighed in and I've lost 4 1/2 lbs!!!! :j :j :j

I made a real effort to stick to the plan 100% last week AND I was walking my friends dog so the two things seem to have paid off. The best thing is because I was following EE I didn't feel like I was on a diet because I had yummy meals AND chocolate every day :-)

This week will be more tricky because I am only in control of one dinner in the next seven days but I'm determined to keep my breakfasts and lunches syn free with plenty of fruit and veg and hopefully the syns in each dinner will not go over the 15 I'm allowed per day.

Hope you all have a good week :rotfl:
    Start weight - 13st 6lbs
    First goal weight - 11st 13lbs

Current weight - 12st 6lbs
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Hi everyone,
    I was doing so well yesterday untill around 8pm, I ate a 100g tub of haagen daz baileys ice cream, as my syns. THEN I drank 3/4 of a bottle of wine oops, and ate a twix finger!

Never mind, today is a fresh week I dont think that will do to much damage, I am feeling really motivated today and I've had my usual weetabix for brekkie.

Dinner is tuna pasta salad.

Tea will be chips egg and beans yum!

Snacks cottage cheese, strawberrys, banana.
    £100 - £10,000
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Consultant for the new shiny thread :T

im having a green day today

B - half a melon and a muller lite
    L - egg mayo sandwich 2 syns
    D - bubble and squeak patties with spicy beans (hea), saalad
    supper - toast and a cuppa.

syns ill add up how much ive used on spread etc at the end of the day and might have a blue ribband with my tea.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just weighed in and I've lost 4 1/2 lbs!!!! :j :j :j

well done rainbowfizz thats a great loss :T:T:j:j:T:T
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nessie216
    nessie216 Posts: 839 Forumite
    Hi all, glad for the new thread.

Bit worried about WI tonight - what do you guys do on WI days? I normally try to eat the minimum amount possible! But finding it hard now and don't think it is good for me! Just wondered how you guys do it!

Also, i am on a course tomorrow in london and lunch is provided - so not sure if i should take my own or to just try and pick the 'best' choices as i wouldn't have to pay for it!!!

What to do???
  • Hi Nessie: I work my way up (or down?) to WI day, Tuesday. I begin Sunday night and eat as much fibre-y food and fruit as i can. Breakfast today was all bran, rhubarb and a yoghurt, lunch is jacket pot and baked beans, with mushrooms and tomato, and so on. Probably squash soup for tea. I just like to think the fibre will pass through all the weekend rubbish in time for Tuesday evening
    :jThat's 2 stone 9 lbs gone forever:j

thank you Slimming World!
  • nessie216 wrote: »
    Hi all, glad for the new thread.

Bit worried about WI tonight - what do you guys do on WI days? I normally try to eat the minimum amount possible! But finding it hard now and don't think it is good for me! Just wondered how you guys do it!

Also, i am on a course tomorrow in london and lunch is provided - so not sure if i should take my own or to just try and pick the 'best' choices as i wouldn't have to pay for it!!!

What to do???

I weigh in the morning so don't have this issue but I'd say that as long as you do the same each week, it shouldn't make much of a difference. It's like wearing the same clothes and weighing at the same time each week. If you eat roughly the same type of things each weigh in day it shouldn't affect the reading.

Hope this makes sense and it's only my opinion :)
    Start weight - 13st 6lbs
    First goal weight - 11st 13lbs

Current weight - 12st 6lbs
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Back from weigh in today and have maintained. I am happy with that however as we had a visit to the Chinese Buffet which was thoroughly enjoyed!:D Plus a few drinks on the weekend:o And a bit of cake and icecream and a slice of pizza:p Crikey I was lucky to STS really:rotfl:

Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • hi all
    I sts this week, really pleased with that!
    Green for me today,
    B tea and milk (a), bean and mushroom toastie (b)
    L potato wedges, peas and tomato sauce (2) salad
    D pasta and sauce and veg
    Snacks muller, tea, and probably cheese on toast for supper to use my other a and b

Well done on the loses, especially the 4.5lbs . .so jealous :p

Excuse the typing, still using my phne and its a right pain in the bum!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure