Black Horse Ltd

Options
On my linked addresses of my credit report there is a Black Horse Ltd listed at an old address for me dating back to 2007. Cant for the life of me remember who this is for. Is it going to be Lloyds or someone else.

I am just going back through my records to see if I have been charged any PPI and want to find out who this is to write to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Joejoe wrote: »
    On my linked addresses of my credit report there is a Black Horse Ltd listed at an old address for me dating back to 2007. Cant for the life of me remember who this is for. Is it going to be Lloyds or someone else.

I am just going back through my records to see if I have been charged any PPI and want to find out who this is to write to them.

Black Horse Ltd is Lloyds Bank's asset finance operation.
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Car finance?
  • Joejoe_2
    Options
    Never bought a car on finance.
  • Joejoe_2
    Options
    Would they have financed purchase of a computer? I think I may have bought one of them on finance.
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Possibly...does the credit file reference come with an account/agreement number? Just give them a call. The first couple of characters in the agreement number will usually be enough for someone in Blackhorse to work out what the asset was.
  • GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Options
    Joejoe wrote: »

An account from nine years ago? How come? Records are deleted (suppressed) after six years.
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GingerBob wrote: »
    An account from nine years ago? How come? Records are deleted (suppressed) after six years.

Linked addresses can be kept longer than six years, it is only account information which is removed.
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    bazzyb wrote: »
    Linked addresses can be kept longer than six years, it is only account information which is removed.

Yes, but the OP suggests there's an account with nine-year-old records on the linked address.
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GingerBob wrote: »
    Yes, but the OP suggests there's an account with nine-year-old records on the linked address.

I don't think accounts are listed under linked addresses... I see what you mean though about how the post was worded, I assumed the OP meant that the link/association with the address shows as being recorded by Black Horse - this information would show even after the account itself had dropped off the file.

Perhaps the OP could clarify what they meant?
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    I cannot understand why CRAs are allowed to keep publishing linked address data indefinitely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure