Cheap Airport Parking: Heathrow Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• Equinox
    Equinox Posts: 72 Forumite
    I don't know if it's just me, but when I click through to Purple Parking from topcashback.co.uk, there's no field to enter the promotional code. However, when I clear all cookies and enter the site from a search engine, it's there again. Seems they don't like people using double discounts. :confused:

And the TIPO code seems to still work (although not as much as before).
  • pink.cow
    pink.cow Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi,

wondering if anyone could help me looking at booking car parking at heathrow airport T5 in Nov, noticed there was a discount voucher on a voucher codes uk website that runs out today but the link is not working :-(

Does anyone no of any other discount codes for BAA car parks or any cheap ones that i dont have to hand over my car keys to ??

Thanks in advance
  • macgyver
    macgyver Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I recently used the services of http://www.parkatmyhouse.co.uk/heathrow-airport-parking/

I used Heathrow5, the guys name was Jay and the service I got was exceptional.
    You can get one weeks parking at £25 and 2 weeks for £45 and you can get the meet n greet service as well. Otherwise you can park at the drive or garage with CCTV and he will drop you to the terminal in his car. I am not connected to this site but writing here as I was very happy with service at such a small fee.
    I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once :T
  • hiiii, i need help please!

I am travelling from terminal 3, Heathrow on 18/02/10

my flight is at 9.20am and im travelling from Coventry so def getting a hotel the night before.

trying to find out if i will be better off getting a hotel that has parking and then getting one of these shuttle buses to the airport or...

picking the cheaper travel lodge option and then driving to one of the many airport carparks(any recommendations, there is so many and you hear awful stories!!!)

im trying to work out which will be the easiest and least stressful!

thanks in advance! x
  • anyone?? i need advice pleae, read some bad reviews about purple parking. any one had a bad experience?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jim25 wrote: »
    At flypark.co.uk you can book a 2 week hotel parking package for less than £70
    Jim, that's now four posts all promoting that company... please stop.
  • romeshw
    romeshw Posts: 18 Forumite
    Anyone know any parking operators, that allow you to park your car and take your keys with you?

I've got a sports car and don't particularly want to leave the key with anyone.
  • I have been encouraged by the operations manager to share my recent experience with you.
    Last month, I booked a Meet and Greet service at Heathrow T5 with Park to Flight , based on price and not finding any adverse comment on any website.
    For the departure, you have to give 35 minutes’ notice of your arrival at T5, which was no problem as I was visiting relatives locally. When I arrived at T5 on the appointed time, there was no one there. After a number of calls, someone eventually arrived to collect the car 50 minutes late. He said he'd only received his instructions 20 minutes previously. A word of warning here too, the chap wore no identifying coat or uniform, gave not document as proof of receipt or condition of the car. It was like handing over keys to a complete stranger in a public car park and wondering whether that was the last time you'd see your car.
    On return to T5 2 weeks later, I called immediate after touchdown to let them know we would like our car. Was told that it would be 20 minutes so had plenty of time to collect luggage and get a coffee before heading to the car park. Given the problems on the way in, I decided to wait before calling them and eventually did after an hour. An embarrassed despatcher apologised and said that the original confirmation of my arrival had not been passed on. The car was on its way now and duly arrived 20 minutes later. The driver was also suitably embarrassed and gave me the name of the manager to contact to discuss compensation. Also received a voicemail to the same effect whilst driving from the airport.
    I then tried to contact the Operations Manager by phone and email, to be told repeatedly that he was "not in today", "not in till later" or "in the yard, he'll call you back". No call was returned. Eventually received a reply by email to apologise for the delay in response, this being due to problems they were having with BT (funny that, I could get through by phone every time I tried yet the messages to him within the office must have been going via some BT Exchange for him to be affected by them). He wrote that there were always going to be some problems and small delays like the ones I experienced (50 minutes and an hour respectively) were within tolerance and acceptable for a premium meet and greet service, not worthy of consideration for redress (his original suggestion, not mine).
    I guess the first problem was mine, not remembering that if a price was too good to believe, it usually is. However, it seems I am not an exception. T5 car park is swarming with people from Purple Parking and Meteor. One of those guys asked me who I was waiting for and when I told him, his reply was "sorry mate, you will have a long wait."
  • RN61
    RN61 Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Equinox wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me, but when I click through to Purple Parking from topcashback.co.uk, there's no field to enter the promotional code. However, when I clear all cookies and enter the site from a search engine, it's there again. Seems they don't like people using double discounts. :confused:

And the TIPO code seems to still work (although not as much as before).
    If no box for additional discount such as code TIPO when going through Quidco etc, the following often works:
    Clear cookies, then go direct to Purple Parking website, and get a quote using TIPO code
    Copy full web address for quote
    Clear cookies, close Purple Parking website
    Open Quidco or other cashback site, log in
    Search for and enter Purple Parking website via cashback site
    Paste copied web address into address bar, and press enter -
    Your previous quote with discount should still be showing, so you will hopefully get 15% cashback on top (it works for me).
    If it doesn't track, complain to the cashback site. Most complaints are resolved in favour of the complainant.
  • SarahSH_2
    SarahSH_2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Looks like Purple Parking is the cheapest but I'm a bit concerned about old reviews of bad service. Has anyone had any more up to date experiences? (They seem to have taken over the Heathrow Quality undercover parking company which is nearer to the terminal). I am tempted to go for the official Long Stay car park for peace of mind but it is quite a bit more expensive.
    Any advice welcome. Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure