Can I just have a moan?

I'm fed up with being jumped on, hair pulled, my DS getting up, down, jumping around...chucking his dummy over the sofa then crying for it...again putting his drink on the window sil and pushing it backwards and crying cause he can't reach it....babies crying in general because ones hungry and the bottles not ready or wanting to sit on my knee whilst I feed the younger one or because he can't have something ....

Not being able to go to the toilet by myself, not being able to eat when I want...or when dinner is ready and they are crying...not being able to go outside without spending ages getting everything together..not being able to take a shower when I want!!!

Oh my....I do love my kids. :(

They are 6months and 18months... :eek:

Rant over. I do love them but I am really craving some time alone...
People don't know what they want until you show them.

Comments

• fabforty
    fabforty Posts: 809 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2014 at 4:37PM
    I hear you and I feel your pain.

DS is 3 and is about as close as any child can get to having his neck wrung (not literally, of course, before people wade in). He is seriously pushing my buttons today, and there seems to be a constant whine coming from his direction.
    I have a cold, I'm tired and my body aches. I don't feel like cooking (but I have to or they don't eat), I'm not in an entertaining children mood, but tough because that's what I need to do. I would kill for one hour to myself to do just one of the many things that once upon a time I could do without a second thought, like get my nails done, give myself a pedicure, read a book etc. I love my two and I am blessed to have them but some days a soundproofed padded room would really come in handy [smiling Smilie].
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Metranil_Vavin Posts: 5,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'll join this party!

I have a 3 year old DS and a 7 month old DD, and some days I just want to run screaming from my house!

Recently they've been taking it in turns to be ill, and taking it in turns to kep us up at night, They ARE a devilish tag-team!

I can't even remember what it was like to just be able to do what I want, when I want.

I love my kids desperately too..but my oh my I do sometimes wish either my parents or OH's parents lived nearby so could take them off my hands once in a while! I glower with envy when I see grandparents out in the park with little 'uns!
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 March 2014 at 5:37PM
    DS was ill yesterday and day before so I think he's being overly mardy today which is why he is really getting my back up...but just needed to get it out. Feel like I spend a lot of times on this fourm out of bordem because I can't move either due to feeding the baby or like now my eldest has just cuddled up on my side and gone to sleep...shall try to move him but probably going to end in tears...
    I have a 3 year old DS and a 7 month old DD, and some days I just want to run screaming from my house!

:rotfl:

Oh and nope...not allowed to move resulted in a screaming fit.... o_O
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When they're gobby teenagers, you'll long to have those days back ! Enjoy it :)

At least when they're little, they don't know what they're doing !
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    This thread is very scary for a pregnant woman...! :D
  • meer53
    daisiegg wrote: »
    This thread is very scary for a pregnant woman...! :D

Too late to worry now !
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    I had a mini-breakdown last week and immediately sought help. I have a wonderful, gorgeous, easy almost-3.5 year old but haven't read a book for 3.5 years. Her nails have pretty pink polish on but mine are a mess. Husband "escapes" with work and hobbies. I was seriously struggling with the endless treadmill of meeting everybody else's needs but mine. Seriously, if anybody worked 24/7 for 3+ years nobody would be surprised that they got executive burnout!

Anyway, I was advised by very knowledgeable and learned friends that "you must put your own oxygen mask on first", and it's true. So I now have 10 hours off a week. That's one day to do whatever I want to. DD is elsewhere, and I can read, go to the cinema, take up a hobby - do whatever I like in that day to just be me. Not mum, not wife, not business partner. It's bliss, and recharges me for the other 6 days a week.
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • meer53
    I had a mini-breakdown last week and immediately sought help. I have a wonderful, gorgeous, easy almost-3.5 year old but haven't read a book for 3.5 years. Her nails have pretty pink polish on but mine are a mess. Husband "escapes" with work and hobbies. I was seriously struggling with the endless treadmill of meeting everybody else's needs but mine. Seriously, if anybody worked 24/7 for 3+ years nobody would be surprised that they got executive burnout!

Anyway, I was advised by very knowledgeable and learned friends that "you must put your own oxygen mask on first", and it's true. So I now have 10 hours off a week. That's one day to do whatever I want to. DD is elsewhere, and I can read, go to the cinema, take up a hobby - do whatever I like in that day to just be me. Not mum, not wife, not business partner. It's bliss, and recharges me for the other 6 days a week.

Thats a great idea, but not everyone has the chance to do that. In those cases, it's hard. Not everyone has family or the affordability to pay for someone else to look after their child.
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    meer53 wrote: »
    Thats a great idea, but not everyone has the chance to do that. In those cases, it's hard. Not everyone has family or the affordability to pay for someone else to look after their child.

In Wales we get 10 hours a week nursery funding for 3 year olds. In England it's 15. In the most deprived areas it kicks in at 2.

I think us mums tend to prioritise everything else above ourselves. It's like we need permission to do something for us and us alone. I'm just saying that granting yourself that permission is something that may just preserve sanity and actually improve our mothering (and other) abilities.
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today I actually found myself getting annoyed with my son touching me, it was like my skin was crawling, I feel so guilty about that but seriously it was bugging me. :o

Bless him. He didn't mind when I asked him to stop leaning on me and I know Ill probably look back and miss his small touches so much when he doesn't want anything to do with me :o

But.... Boy am I glad it's bedtime. :D
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure