The best mascara please

Comments

• clare64
    clare64 Posts: 689 Forumite
    Thank you everyone - time to go shopping!!
    Clarex
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love the BeautyUK one from Superdrug which is a couple of quid. It's the only one that has managed to curl my lashes.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Totally agree with the Benefit They're Real mascara- I really like this! I also like Chanel's Immitable, my mum bought me this as a Christmas gift and it's fantastic! Not cheap though- I'd never be able to afford this myself.

If your after a waterproof mascara, Blinc have a really good one. I think they may have also a volumising one but I could be wrong on that, otherwise the normal version doesn't volumise, but it can add length. I wore this to my Grandmother's funeral last year and cried throughout (really miss her still...) but the mascara stayed put. I've never had a mascara like it and I think I've tried about 80% of what's been out there for the past 15 years!

Rimmel also have a good one which says it helps lashes to grow and IMO it does. My lashes grew. I'd say you got to keep using it not just stick with one tube for a month then never use it again but I didn't use it every day and still got results.

I also like one by Boots No.7 which has a yellow brush (if you can see it) and a spikey head. I don't really like any of the other Boots No.7 mascaras but this one is different/better.
  • ragecake
    ragecake Posts: 189 Forumite
    The purple l'oreal one is amazing, purely amazing, and only about £6.

However, if you save a little more, and have about £14, then the urban decay lush lash mascara is way more amazing, has never clumped and makes my lashes long and full.
  • talisha
    talisha Posts: 13 Forumite
    You've probably already gone out and bought a new one but here are my 2 cents :)

I work on stage for about 3-4 hours a night and I sweat quite a bit, but I can safely say that Benefit They're Real is great!

I used to also wear NYX High Definition mascara (yellow one) on stage layered (while still wet) with the 'Natural Collection' Waterproof mascara on top. Might have to go back to this one once the Benefit one runs out as I am trying to cut my spending down ^_^
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I love boujouis clubbing, it's the only one that lasts on me. Tempted to try benefits they're real with all the recommendations on here. The blinc one does last, but doesn't thicken & comes off funny.
  • aridjis
    aridjis Posts: 409 Forumite
    I'm afraid I must give a thumbs-down to MUA. I saw their black waterproof mascara in Superdrugs yesterday for £1, thought Wow that's cheap and bought it. Tried it today and as soon as I took the wand out of the tube I saw that the bristles were all coming apart and looked like they were disintegrating a bit. When I tried applying the mascara some of the tiny bristles came off and went into my eye so I stopped using it. My eye still feels a bit sensitive.

I will go back to my usual mascaras, No.7 or Clinique. I can recommend these if the OP is still looking for a decent mascara. It looks like the MUA was a bit TOO cheap!
  • new to this part of the forum ( usually in the debt bit sadly :-/ ) but am a lover of all things health and beauty so hope its ok to jump in ...
    I have my fave mascara - lancome Hypnose. I have tried so many others both budget and the more expensive but I always come back to this. I buy very few a year ( maybe two), i always ask for one for a birthday and xmas pressie too... the budget ones have always proven to be a very false economy for me where as this one is fab. I also used to manage some stores for a well known pharmacutical company and before store opening, all the consultants from the different make up houses used to go to the lancome counter and use this, regardless of what their contracts said they were supposed to do, they all said, at the time, that it was the best there was. That was good enough for me.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'll second Lancôme hypnose
    Also, last year I got a free half size Georgio ARMANI eyes to kill, in a magazine and that's as good or better.
  • *Jelly_Tots*
    *Jelly_Tots* Posts: 2,102 Forumite
    I've tried them all, cheapo up to Chanel etc, and the best by far is Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara. http://www.eyeko.com/eyeko-skinny-brush-mascara-p-187.html I always used an eyelash curler until I discovered this. It's really water resistant but comes off in the shower or with a wet wipe if you rub it. It is also thick, curly and quick drying. Just love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure